Adding a Video to my site under construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Video to my site under construction

I did ask this question yesterday and thought I had posted it - somehow I do not find it - so please forgive if this is a duplication, still learning to find my way around the forum.

1. Please tell me which is the best video format to use within my site?
    2. Will I be able to see the video once included on the page via preview even if not published yet.

I have seen the option of uploading the vid to Utube, but my preference is to have it in the site as a video.

Thank you
    Granite Engraver
    www.GranitePhotoEngravers.com

Re: Adding a Video to my site under construction

There is no real issue with regard to "format" of videos you decide to host (within your VodaHost Personal Hosting Account) and display on your website (which is to say provide bandwidth for streaming/download) ... you can easily and effectively have many types of video formats published, including WAV, AVI, FLV, MOV, MPEG, etc.

It really comes down to two essential elements: the software you are using (which also predicates the Player you must use), and your compliance with VodaHost's Terms of Service with regard to 5% server resource restrictions as described in section 10 of TOS (different than bandwidth allowance, for which VodaHost popularly has none) and compliance with the 10% Data Storage and File Type outlines (sec. 2.3).

For the sake of suggestion, it has long been known that FLV (Flash Video) loads fastest, is a more compressed file, streams smoother, and generally out-performs other "standard" video formats. But then, FLV creation is not the easiest thing to do either, so it's back to the same redundant reply: "Whatever you feel most comfortable with, as long as you abide within the TOS of your hosting provider ..."
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Adding a Video to my site under construction

Thank you. I shall convert to FLV using some software I have.
      www.GranitePhotoEngravers.com

Comment

Working...
      X