Questions before I publish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions before I publish

Hi all, just finished 6 pages of my website, ready to get hosted and publish!

Just a few questions which I hope you can answer:

1, How do you centre the webpages, as I gather you're supposed to do this?

2, How do I align all my text and colours on the pages so that they are neat and in line (if that makes sense?)

3, I have basically named each of the web-pages, and wanted to know what the correct way of linking them together would be? and if I must save them in any specific way?

4, Is the next step to click on the vodahost site to sign up for hosting and get the free .com domain name?

Thanks,

Re: Questions before I publish

1, How do you centre the webpages, as I gather you're supposed to do this?

In page properties, set the correct width and check the "Center in browser" box. Attention! if you have anything (even invisible, like blan text spaces) outside the set width, BV will automatically increase the width, and it will not center properly.

2, How do I align all my text and colours on the pages so that they are neat and in line (if that makes sense?)

????

3, I have basically named each of the web-pages, and wanted to know what the correct way of linking them together would be? and if I must save them in any specific way?

You must save them with a name that makes sense to you. F.e. your homepage will be "index", the "Who we are" page will be saved as "who_we_are" and so on. The link from your homepage to the "who we are" page should be http://www.yourdomain.com/who_we_are.html and so on.

4, Is the next step to click on the vodahost site to sign up for hosting and get the free .com domain name?

Yes, please click on http://www.vodahost.com/order.htm
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks!

Re: Question 2, as an exmapl my FAQ txt is like:

1, What's the site about?

2 Ho do I advertise?

3 Blah blah blah

I want to make the numbers questions aligned vertically but I have to move each question below each one and it isn't straight if that makes sense?

Comment

You have more than one tools available.
        F.e. you can write all the text as a unique paragraph, then link each line separately to the follow up page.
        Or, you can write three lines, then select them all, and finally use the "Space vertically" tool.
        Or, you can write one line, then copy it, and paste it from the "Paste Icon", which will paste it in it's original position, then select it, and use the down arrow of your keyboard to take it down f.e. ten clicks. Repeat and again take down 10 clicks.
        Or, you can create a table with the desired number of cells in one column, and place your text links in it.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by richardjamesh
          Thanks!

Re: Question 2, as an exmapl my FAQ txt is like:

1, What's the site about?

2 Ho do I advertise?

3 Blah blah blah

I want to make the numbers questions aligned vertically but I have to move each question below each one and it isn't straight if that makes sense?
          Lassoe the items you want to line up. (Click drag)
          Choose, from top menu, >Layout >Align

This, along with other cool layout tools, will help you with what you want to achieve.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
            You have more than one tools available.
            F.e. you can write all the text as a unique paragraph, then link each line separately to the follow up page.
            Or, you can write three lines, then select them all, and finally use the "Space vertically" tool.
            Or, you can write one line, then copy it, and paste it from the "Paste Icon", which will paste it in it's original position, then select it, and use the down arrow of your keyboard to take it down f.e. ten clicks. Repeat and again take down 10 clicks.
            Or, you can create a table with the desired number of cells in one column, and place your text links in it.
            Oops, apologies, Naval. I was being too simplistic wasn't I? LOL

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Amanda,

no, you are correct, yours is the easiest way to align vertically. He will probably use both: your answer for aligning left, and Space Vertically to space the text lines.
              Navaldesign

Comment

damn to late again sorry
                The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Working...
                X