Soholaunch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soholaunch ?

I've downloaded soholaunch and seem to be somewhat lost now. I wish there was a start here button!

Do most people go with soho or just opt for the build your own site? I think I'm seeing double at this point!!

Re: Soholaunch ?

Originally posted by Dubai Girl
    I've downloaded soholaunch and seem to be somewhat lost now. I wish there was a start here button!

Do most people go with soho or just opt for the build your own site? I think I'm seeing double at this point!!
    Hello again!

What kind of site are you building? I have six websites and all sell things but I quite happily built all of them just using BlueVoda, which is really good fun to use, and using an external shopping cart (http://www.Mals-e.com). Of course their are plenty of others to have a look at too. There are also two available in your Control Panel under the Fantastico button.

I don't know anything about SohoLaunch, but if you read through the SohoLaunch forum you may be able to pick up a lot more information. I do know that Bethers started building at least one of her sites in SohoLaunch and ended up changing her mind and re-starting it in BV!

I suppose a good place to start would be to get a pen and piece of paper and draw yourself a spider chart (memory map) of what you're after. This may help lead you to the best product for you to build with.

Good luck and enjoy yourself!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, I've figured out the soholaunch and I'm not sure I'm liking it. It seems pretty limited with what you can do. I followed the wizard. I'll play around for a bit but I'm curious if anyone has a website to share that they've used soho with.

Thanks for the mindmap idea...funny! I teach my kids to write stories that way!! I'll use that advice.

I'm not selling anything yet...more of an information website.

DG

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai Girl
        Thanks, I've figured out the soholaunch and I'm not sure I'm liking it. It seems pretty limited with what you can do. I followed the wizard. I'll play around for a bit but I'm curious if anyone has a website to share that they've used soho with.

Thanks for the mindmap idea...funny! I teach my kids to write stories that way!! I'll use that advice.

I'm not selling anything yet...more of an information website.

DG
        If you're not planning to sell anything then SohoLaunch is a waste of time for you. Save yourself the headache and go straight to BlueVoda. SohoLaunch is really an e-commerce application.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, I'm trying to get BV going now.

Comment

I have to make a shop cart decision, has anyone tried oscommerce?

Thanks, Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I have a friend using it and another just starting to build with it here - there are people who love it - I didn't want to go that template route so looked for shopping carts that would allow me the design flexibility I wanted. But I still think I might do a site using oscommerce or zen cart one of these days.

Ah, it's so great to have all the options Voda gives us!!!

Bill, my suggestion to you - is figure out what you need a cart to do for you - then make sure whichever ones you look at have those options. We all need/want different things.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X