Error 550 - The recipient cannot be verified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 550 - The recipient cannot be verified

Please help. I've watched the tutorials but must still be doing something wrong here:

Problem 1. The email addresss in my welcome mail cannot receive mail, instead senders get the following message:

Technical details of permanent failure:
    PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please check all recipients of this
    550 message to verify they are valid."

I have set up 2 other email accounts (newsletter@mysite.com and unsubscribe@mysite.com) which receive mail OK in Outlook Express but not in webmail (neither Horde nor Squirrel).

Problem 2. I would like each email to have a separate inbox. In Outlook Express the 2 new emails accounts receive mail come into the single inbox of the main account. In Horde there are separate inboxes now (but still neither receive mail) whilst in Squirrel there is just one inbox and no mail.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong please?

Many thanks,
    Luckyman

Re: Error 550 - The recipient cannot be verified

1. Recreate the same account in your CP. This will override eventual rerrors.
    However, this is an automatically created email address, you don't have to use it .

2. If you receive emails in Outlook express, this means that the mails also arrive in Horde and Squirell. It's simply your Outlook that deletes the mails after downloading them. You can select the Option "Leave a copy on the server" in your Outlook settings.

You can also create separate folders in OE but you will have to manually move the mails from the main Inbox to the folders. OR, create another user account in your windows and put the second account there. Not advisable, as you will have to switch between users.

OR, simply use Horde in your webmail instead of OE
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navaldesign, thanks for the lightning response! I like the idea of just using Horde but can you clarify where I find the Option "Leave a copy on the server" in my Outlook settings please?

Many thanks,
      Luckyman

Comment

This mean that a copy of the email will be left on the server.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Tools > Accounts > Properties > Advanced > tick the "Leave a copy of the message on the server"
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Many thanks, followed your instructions and is now working fine. Great support.

Luckyman

Comment

Working...
            X