This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main domain and Addon Domain name

We have two companies, one is to buy and the other is to sell.
    We want two web sites. of course one is for buying and the other is for selling.
    We don't want people to think that both of them are related to each other.
    Can it be found out that they are related companies, if one of the domain is addone and can the domains name be found out, both are hosted under one account?
    Pls advise! Thank you.

Re: Main domain and Addon Domain name

You can have an add on domain which is totally unrelated to your main site. See mine below - all totally different and nothing to connect them unless I want to.

They are all hosted under the one account, so only one set of hosting fees.

Regards
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1
      You can have an add on domain which is totally unrelated to your main site. See mine below - all totally different and nothing to connect them unless I want to.

They are all hosted under the one account, so only one set of hosting fees.

Regards
      Hi! Limebrook,
      I understand that we can have two different sites that are totally unrelated to each other.
      I meant could they be found that they are owned by the same person or company?
      Like yours...can people find out that all sites are yours if you didn't tell or mention it by clicking somewhere?
      Happy World Peace Day. WSBlue

Comment

Please be aware that if anyone wanted to find out futher details of both your websites they could always do a WHOIS search.

If the 2 sites have been registered under the same contact details then obviously there would be a link between the 2 sites.....

You could, of course, buy the privacy facility when you register/buy the domains....
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
          Please be aware that if anyone wanted to find out futher details of both your websites they could always do a WHOIS search.

If the 2 sites have been registered under the same contact details then obviously there would be a link between the 2 sites.....

You could, of course, buy the privacy facility when you register/buy the domains....
          IS this case, addon doamain is free, no need to buy?

Comment

One of your domain names is free if you opt for it during signup. You will have to register and pay for the second one. If you purchase ID protection for one of them (either the main or the addon), no one will be able to connect the two sites (and the two companies)i
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
              One of your domain names is free if you opt for it during signup.
              You will have to register and pay for the second one.
              If you purchase ID protection for one of them (either the main or the addon), no one will be able to connect the two sites (and the two companies)i
              Addon Domain needed to be purchased?

Comment

Of course. The second one, the addon domain, is by all means an independent domain, and it has to be purchased (and registered). It is enough to only purchase ID protection for just one of the two.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Of course. The second one, the addon domain, is by all means an independent domain, and it has to be purchased (and registered). It is enough to only purchase ID protection for just one of the two.
                  In that case, can I just transfer one and register for another domain which I will be given for free.
                  and How to submit a ticket to get a free domain when register? I went to vodahost support but didn't see where to submit.

Comment

When you register, you must simply select the correct option for the free domain name. That will be your main domain, related to your account. Then you will add the second one, the one to transfer, as addon domain
                    Navaldesign

Comment

When you register, you must simply select the correct option for the free domain name. That will be your main domain, related to your account. Then you will add the second one, the one to transfer, as addon domain
                      When register, does one have option to choose either open or close personal profile? and msut one use real name, or name shown on credit card?

Comment

Yes, you MUST use real name etc. If you don't want them to appear on whois, you must purchase ID protection. You can evan pay with another persons credit card as long as the card owner agrees, otherwise you might get in trouble.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Yes, you MUST use real name etc. If you don't want them to appear on whois, you must purchase ID protection. You can evan pay with another persons credit card as long as the card owner agrees, otherwise you might get in trouble.
                          Understood. Thank you. Good night.

Comment

Hi! Naval and Everybody,
                            How are you?
                            Sorry to trouble all of you again.
                            Where do I get coupon, in order to get the number to fill in for free domain name when regiter? Coupon:
                            (Have a coupon? Enter it here!)

I try to submit a ticket, but have to fill in domain name and control panel username. Where do I get the domain name to fill in, before I can register one for a free domain ?

Account Information
                            Domain Name: *
                            Control Panel Username: *
                            Pls advise.
                            Regards,
                            WS Blue
                            And
                            What is dedicated iP address and Rapid ssl cert. for? Dedicated IP Address No Yes Monthly $3.00 + Setup: $30.00Rapid SSL Certificate (Dedicated IP Included)

Comment

You don't need dedicated IP and ssl . If you ever need them in the future, you can then purchase them.

For presales you can submit a ticket even without domain name and CP username.
                              Anyway, go here and in the second page chose Option A (with free domain name), in the next page you will be asked for the domain name to register free of charge. No need to enter any coupon if you select option A
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X