Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding Adsense code to phpbb..how/where?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Adsense code to phpbb..how/where?

I'm trying to fully understand what I'm getting into before I sign up with VodaHost. I really want to get this thing started, but typically sending in a help request gives you a reply that addresses about half of what you ask..

Sooo, the reply I received says I will maintain editorial content of my site, but I don't see anything in the typical admin control panel that lets me access the HTML or whatever to insert Adsense html to the forum.

Where do I do that? I'm clueless...

Re: Adding Adsense code to phpbb..how/where?

If you are using BlueVoda, you can add code to an html box and then move/resize the box to anywhere on your form....

Hope that answers your question.......
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Yes and no.

Until I read your reply I didn't know there was such a thing as BlueVoda.

I did ask when I wrote VodaHost support if I'd have the option to insert my Adsense type ads. They said yes, but that's all they said. Along with a link to the tutorial page, which I'd seen already and does not mention BlueVoda btw.. not that I can see anyway. Maybe I missed it.

No mention of BlueVoda being required in their reply.

Okay thanks!.. when I have some more time I'll dig around and see what's to know about BlueVoda.

Originally posted by davidundalicia
      If you are using BlueVoda, you can add code to an html box and then move/resize the box to anywhere on your form....

Comment

There's a thread in the Start Your Own Community Forum area about this: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sta...html#post35242
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Well, I see a 3 post thread ending with another link telling Trish to take a look at your DOB page with the Adsense ads on it.

?

Comment

Originally posted by DareDevil
            Well, I see a 3 post thread ending with another link telling Trish to take a look at your DOB page with the Adsense ads on it.

?
            Well, your eyesight appears fine, then. What you haven't said is if that's what you're looking for or not.

?
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

No it is not.

I'm already familiar with what Adsense ads are. I'm in search of some how-to details, not looking for examples of Adsense ads on a page.

But hey, good news. I've been surfing the vodahost website and from reading over the BlueVoda stuff, it appears it's kind of like Yahoo's Sitebuilder-which I've built 3 sites with. Only BlueVoda is apparently better.

So if we can move along, let's try and look at the process..

I set up an vodahost account, upload my phpbb with Fantastico, and with the BlueVoda dowloaded I can go in and make changes like adding Google's Adsense phpbb. Is that about the size of it?

The BlueVoda will put my phpbb webpage into a construction mode where I can edit things, and add the HTML to my phpbb for Adsense or anything else?

Comment

No it is not.

I'm already familiar with what Adsense ads are. I'm in search of some how-to details, not looking for examples of Adsense ads on a page.

But hey, good news. I've been surfing the vodahost website and from reading over the BlueVoda stuff, it appears it's kind of like Yahoo's Sitebuilder-which I've built 3 sites with. Only BlueVoda is apparently better.

So if we can move along, let's try and look at the process..

I set up an vodahost account, upload my phpbb with Fantastico, and with the BlueVoda dowloaded I can go in and make changes like adding Google's Adsense phpbb. Is that about the size of it?

The BlueVoda will put my phpbb webpage into a construction mode where I can edit things, and add the HTML to my phpbb for Adsense or anything else?
                My post wasn't an "example" of what adsense ads are, it was one example of HOW they can be viewed on a phpBB forum - there are others. You can't just magically tell phpBB to show your ads, it takes editing of files to make that happen. Where in the world did you get the idea that you can use BV for this? BlueVoda is an excellent tool, but it will not allow you to edit your phpBB scripts.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
                  Daredevil and Race:

Its probable my fault, I seem to have answered the right question with the wrong answer.......Now I know the difference between phppb and a normal BV page........

Sorry guys
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Duh okay, I didn't go down far enough to see the link to the Knowledge Base page.

I kinda thought phpbb wasn't editable from something like BlueVoda or Sitebuilder etc. Wasn't looking for magic, just the how and where as my post subject indicated.

Okay, the info on the knowledge base says, "Open them in a text editor", examples of a text editor are ??

- I am new to this, I admit..

Comment

Duh okay, I didn't go down far enough to see the link to the Knowledge Base page.

I kinda thought phpbb wasn't editable from something like BlueVoda or Sitebuilder etc. Wasn't looking for magic, just the how and where as my post subject indicated.

Okay, the info on the knowledge base says, "Open them in a text editor", examples of a text editor are ??

- I am new to this, I admit..
                      I use notepad.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Script files (phpbb IS a script, though a complicated one, and with lots of subfiles) are simply text. You can edit them in a text editor and the simpler one is your windows notepad. Using a php editor will by far make your life easier. However, if you don't have the knowledge of HOW to do it, DON'T mess up, unless you are willing to do some study and learning.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry Race, typing whilst you also did
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                            Sorry Race, typing whilst you also did
                            No worries, my friend.
                            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I gotta tell ya, I'm severely disappointed in emailings to VodaHost support. Their answers couldn't be any shorter or less informative.

There's something about having to practically beg for enough info on one or two items to feel confident in signing up that just takes the wind out of my sails..

That'd be like asking for driving directions, and getting a reply that tells you where to make your first turn on a 30 mile trip-without any effort to complete the directions. So you ask the same person again, - to be told only where to make the second turn....

Vodahost support responds like they're having to pay for every key stroke on the keyboard.. Maybe they are-maybe I'm communicating with someone in India who's been instructed to keep it short.

Comment

Working...
                              X