using .asp scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using .asp scripts

Does Voda support running .asp scripts to install database to mySql? Im thinking that maybe they don't and I'm ready to tear my hair out running one? I have the database part down, the user, the host the database name and the permissions, only thing I can think of is that .asp is not supported. When I try to run the script, it opens frontpage or dreamweaver and not in ie. Any Solutions?

Karen Mac

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: using .asp scripts

Disregard, I just did a search again, and added the "." and found that they are indeed NOT supported. Ty for looking anyway...and don't shoot me, I'm only flakey after looking at scripts for four hours!

Karen Mac

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

asp pages are only supported in windows servers. Vodahost runs on Redhat Linux, so, sorry, not supported
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval,

Thanks for responding! :( i seen that after I drove myself insane! I found this cool shopping cart that has a freebie download and integrates with whatever you build in. I didnt even think about Linux vs Unix servers I was looking at the design options without using perl and php scripts (foreign language to an old lady!)! But..I am quickly learning them as long as there are pointers to walk me thru. Looks like my next college class is..php!

Karen Mac

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You don't really need to learn php. Bethers and Girlonthehill have been using shopping carts for quite a time now, so they will be able to point you to some solution.

Girls?
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval,

Bethers and I are OLD buddies :) Shes the one that brought me to Voda. To do some of things I want to do, php is probably going to be necessary, and right now Beth, and another friend are guinea pig"in me to test out different applications.

Karen Mac

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Me mean - yep - LOL - I do want to see how well Karen can take a Zen cart and customize the template - cuz if she can do it - she can help me do it!!!

But - I love BV - which is why I chose the cart I did. However, options are wonderful - which is also why I chose Voda Host.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X