Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Music

Greetings-

There was a thread not too long ago where someone asked about continuous background music that is not broken by the viewer surfing from page to page within the site or a section of the site. I do not recall a solution being provided. In playing around searching for a solution- I stumbled upon the following. Please excuse me if you already know this or if it has been proposed.

Here is an example of how it works;
    http://www.netisopen.com/computer/BGMT001/BGM001.html

and here is it's explanation;
    http://www.netisopen.com/computer/BGMT001/bgmusic.html

To all- have a great week!

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Re: Background Music
    It was my posting Andy, but I wasn't able to crack the problem.

You are SO clever. I've printed off the instructions and now I'm off to make a cup of coffee and see if I can understand them. I'm computer illiterate - maybe a double brandy would be of more use than that coffee!!

Mary

http://www.huntertheatrearts.co.uk

Comment

Dear Andy,
      Love louie, but I couldn't hear him. When I tried your fake sitethe first thing that happenen was a download ticket appered. After clicking the download the ambient bubble page buried the fake page. this is not my idea of success.

Comment

Circuspet,

Well- that is certainly strange. You have described many strange occurances in the past also pertaining to web design and downloading things. I am beginning to suspect that some security settings or firewall or something is causing you a great deal of problems.

I just tried the same page as you did and it is working fine. Additionally- yours is the first comment of any sort of trouble.

Do you routinely run an antivirus along with spyware /ad ware programs?

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks for the responce keith, the security settings are all at minamal levels, and I'm not on drugs. Although every thing seems fine MS is constantly
          trying to download duplicate wave files,( good morning Robert,etc. ).and when I tried to upload music on my site, the way naval suggested I got a report that my computer was lacking a codec necessary for the file transfer. This is certianly like Columbus sailing to America.

Comment

If you get a download message, it means that the required media player is not installed on your computer. This will happen with all files: if the application required to open the file is not installed on your computer, a download/save message will appear. This will also happen even if the media player is installed if you have not set in your computer properties the default media player for mp3s
            Last edited by navaldesign; 06-15-2006, 12:04 PM.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

circuspet-

Not suggesting drugs at all- I just know that computers can be a strange animal. Merely making a suggestion as to possibilities. It appears Naval has hit the nail on the head. Hope you get it worked out.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks guys,

Worked through lunch, can't miss dinner. So now I eat, then I will get right on it. Will Post a responce, hopefully it will be success.

Comment

Maybe this is the simplest way: if you already have an mp3 on your computer, right click on it, select properties, then from the new window select "Open with", and at the end select from the software list, your Windows Media Player. This should set WMP as the default media player for all mp3s. Try it.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Houston we have a lift off: There is music on the site now, however I feel the volume is a bit high. I have tried several times to readjust it on the volume control on the player on site. Every time I get off the preview
                    to save and publish (edit ) the player goes back to it's original setting.

Comment

Andy i28:
                      I wasn't intutive enough to have saved it yesterday, and surching the web news sites, I couldn't find it anymore. Have you heard my site yet?http://www.circuspet.com

Comment

Sounds good. Very appropriate music. Sounds / looks like your having fun building the site.

Cheers and a I'll see ya on the net.

Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                        X