Receiving email from website form in outlook express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving email from website form in outlook express

I have set up a somewhat functional email form on my site but need help with the fine tuning. One, I cannot seem to connect the email accounts from the website with outlook express. It says that I have added the accounts but when email is sent to the I can only see it by going through the control panel. Two, everytime I test the form on the site by entering a request and trying to send it, a second form from what seems to be outlook pops up for me to enter the message again and re-send. As well as this, the form will not let me send my message as it says outlook cannot connect with hotmail or viseversa. Please help me so that my customers don't have the same problems. Thx

Re: Receiving email from website form in outlook express

One sure way to make it so your customers have zeor problems is to let the form send automatically via php to your e-mail. This is easy to do and once done- the form can be filled out by anyone irregardless of what computer they are on and if they have out look configured or not.

Check it out here;
    http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

Also to access mail that you set up in BV- at the end of your URL type /webmail It should look like this;
    http://www.yoursite.com/webmail

A window will pop up. Type in your full e-mail address you created like:
    info@yoursite.com and then put in the password

That is how you access your BV e-mail without going into cpanel.

Give it a try- most people set it up this way.

If however- you really need to set up the Outlook- Post back as
    I am unfamiliar with that set up.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I actually found that site after I posted the first thread so I had changed my form/page setup already. Any idea how to set it up so that I can read my mail in outlook express, I followed the tutorial but it must have missed something because I cannot get it to work!!!! Thanks again.

Comment

linney,

I am just learning how to do that myself. Sorry I am of no help at this time.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

The tutorials are pretty explanatory by themselves. I NEVER used Horde or Squirell . I only use OE, and i have more than 15 emails, for various purposes. Just follow the tutorial instructions
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your help, I'm an idiot. The problem was a stupid little spelling mistake. Anyways, the mail accounts work now but cannot send outgoing mail. Any ideas?? Thanks again!

Comment

Check to see if you have ticked the "server needs authentication" box in your OEsettings. If that is ok, check if your ISP is blocking port 25 (the one used for Vodahost mail servers to send mail)
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X