IE doesn't find my index page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE doesn't find my index page.

I have published my pages and they seem to link ok, but the problem I have is when I put in www.nb-hollinhurst.com I get a message that states that it cant find my page, but if the url is valid, then to click on the link, which then takes me to my index page. Can anyone help me as to why it does this and how I overcome it so that I go straight to my site. Thanks.

Re: IE doesn't find my index page.

Originally posted by Mickey Finn
    I have published my pages and they seem to link ok, but the problem I have is when I put in www.nb-hollinhurst.com I get a message that states that it cant find my page, but if the url is valid, then to click on the link, which then takes me to my index page. Can anyone help me as to why it does this and how I overcome it so that I go straight to my site. Thanks.
    I just tried your link and went straight to your home page. It seems fine.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for trying the link. if it works for you, then great, I must be getting there slowly! Now for the next bit to work out how passsword protect a few of the pages. Thanks Mike.

Comment

I have jusyt tried it with Google and it still can't find www.nb-hollinhurst.com . Any ideas? Mike.

Comment

ok, do you mean you are SEARCHING for your page? If so, and if they haven't indexed it yet - you won't find it by searching - but if you put it into the address line, your site comes right up.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Using IE7, MSN asked if I wanted to add my web site to their search engine. Not so Google and Yahoo, to search in both I had to use the full address www.blueearthtea.com.

Bill
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Bill, you are supposed to use the full url to get to your site - not the search area. And they won't have you in the search area until they index you - even if you do tell them to - it doesn't mean they will LOL. Just give it time - or submit - which Voda will do for you also - but the best way to get indexed is what you just did - adding your url on pages like this for the se's to find.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for looking for me, Hopefully it should be ok. Mike

Comment

Working...
                X