I went from Zero to Hero! LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went from Zero to Hero! LOL

No but seriously...please have a look at my website besthotelscanada.com- I ONLY HAVE LISTINGS UNDER British Columbia for now...but at least let me know what you think...it would be greatly appreciated! Oh and if you know anyone that would like me to design a website for them....let me know! I'll do it for sure now!!! :)

Thanx everyone!

Re: I went from Zero to Hero! LOL

Originally posted by besthotelscanada.com
    No but seriously...please have a look at my website besthotelscanada.com- I ONLY HAVE LISTINGS UNDER British Columbia for now...but at least let me know what you think...it would be greatly appreciated! Oh and if you know anyone that would like me to design a website for them....let me know! I'll do it for sure now!!! :)

Thanx everyone!
    Congratulations! You have produced a beautiful website. It's stunning and a credit to you and your country! I didn't have time to check out everything but what I did worked perfectly. You have some breathtaking photographs! An excellent site - well done indeed.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Oh Amanda..thank you so very much for your kind words! You made my day! I was wondering how others would see it...and I'm really appreciative of the encouragement! Big Hugs for you! :) Kelly

Comment

You've done a wonderful job!! All the links I tried worked, Pages loaded pretty quickly even with all the photos. I found it a little awkward to move around your pages. A consistant NAV bar may be the solution to that. You may have problems with others reading the font you choose, as it doesn't appear to be web friendly, however, it is fine on my browser. Good Job and Good Luck!!
        Cindy
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

It is a beautiful design, but, and please don't get me wrong - it is not easy to navigate. I expected ALL the terms on the right to be clickable. I'm an rv'er and would be very interested in being able to click on the rv link and find the rv sites, etc for each.

It's great that you're offering to design other people's sites - but I think you have a lot of work ahead of you to get all the pages onto your own site.

I also think you need to have navigation buttons in a similar (preferably same) place on each page. Since you said that BC was the only area done, I clicked there - and now I need to know the name of the town? How about another map - so I can see where the towns are? If I'm travelling, and the town I want isn't listed, how do I find out what is near to it, etc? BTW, when I clicked on BC - there isn't even a home page link.

Forgive me, but I'm from the hotel industry and started building websites for hotels/motels. You've got a great website - beautiful design - but it needs tweaking and to be made a bit easier to use.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Agree that the site is attractive and extensive- if all of Canada is going to be included you will have one huge site. On the home page I see an over lap "Besthotelscanada" over black "Canada"; "goals" over laps "by providing";
            on the Nainamo page, and others "visit" over laps "Enjoy". It's OK on Gabriola and others.

Good job.

DDS
            Dave
            http://www.peacoatpress.com
            ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Wow..I don't see what you mean by the overlapping...that bit confuses me a bit...but I'll continue to look at what you mean for sure!

In regards to the map of British Columbia...there's one in the corner under the towns itself, and if you click on it..or run the mouse over it..it says "click here for detailed map of British Columbia"- or do you mean another map on the "Travel British Columbia" page?

Also..yes..I do agree with you on the side margin on the index page..but I haven't gotten that far yet...or I wonder if there is a way to simplify the site to make it easier..any suggestions? Because truth be told, I am a bit afraid as well of running out of space on my website to complete the entire task...as I don't really know how many pages I can add...or how much "space" I really have...regardless..thank you all for your input...I will have a look at it and see what I can do.

Thanks again...Kelly :)

Comment

First off- stunning! It is a very attractive site. Well done.

A couple things I noticed. (1) no return ot home page from contact page and you state -contact us at the e-mail address above when it is at the bottom of the page. (2) On the welcome page- the contact us link does not work as contactus is spelled- conactus

Minor glitches. Again a very nice job. The pictures are fantastic and displayed beatifully.

Cheers,

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

LOL- thank you so much for finding that for me! This is why it's always good to have another set of eyes isn't it? I feel so silly...contact address above..but look below...lol...thanx Andy- I will sort that out asap!

Comment

Hey there...so I made the changes that I could and re-published....but out of curiosity...which browser are people using most today? Cause my site looks perfect on Internet Explorer, but on Firefox (Mozilla) it looks like complete rubbish! Any suggestions would be great...Thanx for your help- luv you all :)

Comment

I suggest that you want to preview pages in at least both IE and Firefox - you'll get more visitors from IE, but you don't want to alienate Firefox and netscape users. I make sure I work in both when building pages - and, yep, it means making changes and neither of them "perfect" - but it does mean it shows well in both.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers...see that's interesting what you said there about wanting to create the pages around the browsers....but how do I do that? Do I download all different types of browsers...because I did have a look at my site on firefox...and you're right..it looked trashy...lol! I don't know how to make it look great on them all...I thought that was impossible...but you did say that it won't be perfect on all of them...I don't know. But thanks for your input...and if you could let me know what to do in this situation..I'd be forever in debt! Thanks Bethers :)

Comment

could you send me some of your web pages??

Comment

Hi there..I'm not sure what you mean... why do you want them and what for? Maybe I can help..but I just don't really understand...lol...let me know...Kelly :)

Comment

Why don't you download the firefox browser - so you can check your pages in both firefox and ie - and move around components so that both look good?
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X