Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy's "How to create a multi-page form and submit results to your e-mail address."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy's "How to create a multi-page form and submit results to your e-mail address."

Previously from another thread.......

yangman asked,

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure if Kinnie's idea is similar to mine....I was toying with the idea of creating a page where clients can choose the products from a combobox, eg. circuit breakers, then proceed to select the preferred manufacturer (eg. GE) for circuit breaker in another combobox. Then I create a "Next" button that will bring the client to the enquiry page where "Circuit Breakers" & "GE" will be displayed and the client will then begin to enter his requirement for GE's circuit breaker in a TextArea for ratings, quantity, application blah blah blah. After completing all the required fileds in the enquiry page, click "Send" and it goes to my email with all the info.

Reason for this is I have a long list of products which I have categorized them according to different application and manufacturers. This is to allow people to go straight into the cat. of their interest and post an enquiry without scrolling thru' a long list of products and manfacturers.

Appreciate your advice and thanks in advance.

.....and Andy replied;

yangman,

Currently- Only one item may be choosen and sent from a combo box and sent via php. Even if you select- allow multiple choices. BV is working on this problem.

And yes you can have a "multi" page form. Really it is only one page- the form is stretched to be very long and when the viewer/user hits next- they are taken to another part of the form. Here is an example with instructions.
    http://netisopen.com/computer/TF002/T002.html

I believe this is what you are talking about. If not give a post back but make it another thread.

Cheers,

Andy

My Website-
    here ** Click here for some BV tutorials (Php mailto Form, I-Frames, Picture display and muc much more!)

*I have Skype- but I do not accept new calls unless I first get an e-mail telling me who you are and your skype name
    (: Read Only The Good Stuff And Your Day Will Be Blessed :)

Re: Andy's "How to create a multi-page form and submit results to your e-mail address."

Thanks Andy.

The giveaway is the scroll bar.

Can I create a page with the usual header and nav bar and then put in an I-frame with this "multi page" form and disabling the borders and scroll bar in the I-frame?

Comment

Re: Andy's "How to create a multi-page form and submit results to your e-mail address."

Yangman,

I have not tried that and it sounds like a great idea that would work just fine! Clever!! Give it a whirl and let us know!

ANdy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,

I mocked with your mock form and it works!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

There's no clue of a long page. However, on my actual form I'll probably add in "back to page 1 l 2" button.

Thanks! This is great!

Comment

Cool! Yet another way to skin the cat!

See ya on the web yangman!

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Anyway, a real multipage form is also possible using some php. A confirmation page where the visitor looks at what he has typed in, before he actually submits, is also possible, though not directly in BV. It would require some hand coding but it allows for complete freedom.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navaldesign-
              I can't wait until I get to that point in my coding. But for now I have to cheat. I am making progress though! A few months ago I didn't know how to make a vertical line in BV. LOL.

See ya Naval

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Have a look at www.navaldesign.info/Tips/multipleselection.html Don't look at the layout, just the functionality. The top box of the second form repeats the email typed in the email field of the first form, then you can see tha array that is sent
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yikes!- That will take me a while to process. Like I said- I am but an infant in the world of coding. Thanks for setting the challenge before me though Navaldesign.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I think that i will send you some info and tips on how to do it and then you can prepare a tutorial for all !

As soon as i have the time
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign!!! Any time you want to send info my email box is always open!!!

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy said....

"....A few months ago I didn't know how to make a vertical line in BV. LOL."

Err.........how to do a vertical line, Andy? I'm a few months backward in this aspect. LOL

Comment

That's cool naval. Can't wait to see your tutorial for that matter.

Comment

yangman-

Use the shape tool and drag in the sides to make it really skinny. Then extend the tops to make it the length you wish.

Andy
                            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
                              yangman-

Use the shape tool and drag in the sides to make it really skinny. Then extend the tops to make it the length you wish.

Andy

Thanks! That's tough....LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X