Grouping pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grouping pages

To make an entire site with BlueVoda, do we simply save all pages in the same folder, then publish that folder to the website? For instance, I have created a folder named "sample site" and am saving all pages to that folder, similar to how websites are usually saved under the "My Webs" folder in windows.

Is there a way to set properties across all pages in the site, like a template for all pages or a theme, as in Frontpage?

Hope these aren't addressed elsewhere. I couldn't find them.

I am used to using Frontpage so I'm just trying to see how BlueVoda handles the same operations.

Love the software so far.

Re: Grouping pages

Doesn't anyone know the answer to my questions?

From additional reading, it appears you have to upload your site one page at a time, so maybe no real "site" creation like I'm talking about. You're just uploading separate pages and linking them by hyperlinks, is that correct? What if you wanted to make a change across all pages in your site? Would you have to change each page separately?

Comment

When you publish your first page (index) it is stored in your public-html folder
      Then when you create another page which has a link from your first or any other page, that is also published/saved in your public folder......

Its true, that you can only publish 1 page at a time.......

Making changes depend on how you have constructed your pages in the 1st place. If you use I-frames, you only need to change the details contained within the I-frame and then re-publish that page only.

Hope that helps.....if you need any more help, please post again.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

And yes, you can create a template: just create one page, as you want your template to be, and "Save as Template"
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X