Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

redirect existing domain name to voda host pages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redirect existing domain name to voda host pages.

I have a couple of domain names. One is www.graydaze.net, and one is www.philgreene.com. I am trying to have the following page, public_html/philgreene/philgreene.html open up when I go on the web and type in www.philgreene.com.

Likewise I want to go on the web and type in www.graydaze.net and have the following page open: public_html/graydaze/index.html open up.

I am going crazy over this. Brad at Vodahost told me to upload a file with the following code: <html>
    <head>
    <base href="http://www.graydaze.net.com/" />
    <meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="">
    <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <FRAMESET ROWS="100%,*" frameborder="no" framespacing=0 border=0>
    <FRAME SRC="http://www.nvusband.com/graydaze/index.html/index.php"
    NAME="mainwindow" frameborder="no" framespacing="0" marginheight="0"
    marginwidth="0"></FRAME>
    </FRAMESET>
    <NOFRAMES>
    </body>
    </html>

However, the only redirection I get is for one of my vodahost pages to open at both domain names. And I am changing the addresses and pages withing the code each time I upload resectively. In other words, graydaze.net and philgreene.com both open the same vodahost page. Please HELP soon!

Thanks.

Re: redirect existing domain name to voda host pages.

Are you currently hosted with VodaHost? If so, set up redirects in your Cpanel. It's on the main screen after you log in.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've already done that. It does nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by philgreene
        Thanks for the reply. I've already done that. It does nothing.
        I went to http://www.philgreene.com/philgreene.html and it redirected me to http://www.philgreene.com/ after about five seconds.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Excuse me but i'm missing something here. When you type in your address bar www.graydaze.net it will by default take you to the graydaze.net index.html page. So what's the use for redirect ?

The same more or less goes for www.philgreene.com . If you want to open another page, the philgreene.html, by default, just rename the philgreene.html in "index" and publish it in your www.philgreene site.

To keep the two "index" pages separate in your computer, just create two separate folders in your Bluevoda folder (in your computer) to keep pages apart. Just remember everytime to publish to the correct site
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Actually you're right. There is no need for a redirect. I was confused. The problem, though, is that whatever page I save as index in the philgreene directory, shows up at both philgreene.com and graydaze.net.
            I need the philgreene index page from the philgreene directory to show up at philgreene.com and the index page from the graydaze directory to show up at graydaze.net. I can't get the graydaze index page to open at www.graydaze.net
            Thanks for your patience and help in this matter!

Comment

You are probably publishing the graydaze index page to the wrong folder. Is graydaze.net an addon domain ? if yes, it has it's own folder, probably called "graydaze". Publish the graydaze "index" page in "public_html/graydaze"
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by philgreene
                Actually you're right. There is no need for a redirect. I was confused. The problem, though, is that whatever page I save as index in the philgreene directory, shows up at both philgreene.com and graydaze.net.
                I need the philgreene index page from the philgreene directory to show up at philgreene.com and the index page from the graydaze directory to show up at graydaze.net. I can't get the graydaze index page to open at www.graydaze.net
                Thanks for your patience and help in this matter!
                I am totally and utterly confused by this thread. I keep looking and thinking I'm sure I can help... then I read it and run away because it hurts my head!

All I want to say is that when I set up my subs my links worked like this: sleepybumblebee was a sub domain of my main site, girlonthehill. To get to it I simply make the link: www.sleepybumblebee.girlonthehill.co.uk/index.html

This takes me to the sleepybumblebee index page which is published to: public html/sleepybumblebee and is saved in my BlueVoda/sleepybumblebee folder on my pc.

I have since bought the domain name sleepybumblebee.co.uk but the original links still works perfectly!

I don't know if that will help or make things worse.

Ps. Sorry for butting in, Naval & Race.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am publishing each index page to the proper folder. I transfered my domain names to vadahost. Why is there no domain forwarding at vodahost? All I want to do is have the two different domain names open two different index pages. I was told I had to upload frames code, which I did (see the code above). I guess I'll have to have my domains hosted somewhere else where they provide domain forwarding. Thanks for all of your trouble. If you can think of anything else I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Vodahost provides forwarding, BUT YOU DON'T NEED FORWARDING.
                    Indeed, both your sites come up with the same index page because you have set some type of forwarding for one of the two.
                    Please provide some more information: are both your sites hosted on the same account?
                    If yes, which is the main and which the addon domain ?
                    And, if you like, provide your loggin info through my form so i can have an insight look and solve your problems.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks! I sent you an email using your form with my login info. You're awesome for doing this.

Comment

you know what ....and im being serious for once ...... they are great guys

oh yes and i am a man naval
                        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Hi phil,

please checkout your philgreene.com. It now comes up with your Philgreene index page. The problem was that you had set up a redirection which redirected the visitor to your graydaze index page. That's why both sites were coming up with the same page. I removed the redirection. Please check it out and let me know if it is correct.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for your efforts, but www.graydaze.net is opening the philgreene.com page also, instead of its own index.html page. That's been the problem; both domain names can only open the same page.

Comment

didn't do anything on graydaze. I just gave a look at philgreene. I'll take off the redirection from graydaze too.
                              Last edited by navaldesign; 05-19-2006, 04:12 PM.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X