Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with script and mysql db

Hi
    I've copied a 3rd party script to my site. They have an install.php, which I've run. This asks for DB host, DB name, username of db and password. I supplied all of this, but still it gives me an error "ArrayCould not create table...!!!" . The url that I'm running this install from is http://www.sawelder.com/employment/install.php. I have also contacted the guys I got the script from, but perhaps you also have some advice?
    Thanks in advance
    Theo

Re: help with script and mysql db

make sure your information is correct

DB host will be: localhost
    DB name will be: "your cpanel username"_"name you gave for the database"
    DB username will be: "your cpanel username"_"username you gave"
    DB pass will be: THe password you gave it

Also make sure you link the username to the database

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hi
      Thanks, I tried that, but no luck. I did get a reply from the person that sold me the script and their gonna give it a go. Will shout if I don't come right.
      Thanks
      Theo

Comment

Theo,

I ran across this post while searching for an answer on the same exact error msg on the same installation. If you were able to correct the error and can share that info with me I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Comment

Check to see if the install instructions(if provided to you) specifies whether or not it must be uploaded to your root directory: /public_html/"here"

Also, check the folders and/or files associated with the script...maybe(just a guess) one that named something similar to "create_table.php" and make sure it's permissions are set properly... I am still new permissions concerning php files therefore I prefer not to guess at what you should set it as. :)

I had a similar incident using FormMakerPro, and I found that a folder wasn't set to the correct permissions. After making the change, everything worked fine.

Hope this can help or steer you closer!
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com
          Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Check to see if there is a readme file somewhere within the files as this should give exact instructions on how to install the script. You sometimes have to upload a file to MySQL admin which creates all the tables etc for you. The readme file would mention this. If this does not work then i suggest you wait for the reply from the 3rd party script owners as they will more than likely have the answer.
            Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
            FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

check readme file it has most of the instructions

Comment

Most scripts have to have one or 2 files/directories permissions changed to 777 and 1 or two of the vodahost servers 755

Its probable, that all the files have not loaded properly...............
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

hi can anyone help me? i am using dreamweaver as my ftp client and i thought i finally got the script set up right "thanks to the fourm" but i was trying to do this w/o changing the permissions of the fmp folder "because i can't find the folder. i can see everything else i upload but not this folder is it that special. does anyone have any thoughts why i cant see it... do i need to create one then upload to it? it been 4 hours of hell if i wasn't so stuborn i would just pay, but i'm sure i can do it with your help. p.s. i have uploaded my entire site via dreamweaver w/o any prob. what could be the issue is it my ftp client or voda host rules for new folders... what? i see the file has been moved in my ftp client but not in the cpanel?...thanks

i do have multiple domain names but i have put the file in the main public_html folder, thanks all

Comment

Working...
                  X