How to make a document a button on my navigation bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a document a button on my navigation bar

I need to make a publisher document a button on my navigation bar but I don't know how to do it. Do I need to save the doc as a jpeg or make it a pdf.? I need it to open in a seperate window as a printable document. Help!

Annalee

Re: How to make a document a button on my navigation bar

Greetings lucky3,

You can simply name your file and then upload to the server. Then you can link to it like so; http://yoursite.com/documentname.pdf

The above example assumes you upload it as a pdf file which is highly recommended for universal use. You could create a navigation button for it, use a picture or simply link text- the choice is yours and in each case the link would like like above. Once the document opens for your user- they can simply print it out.

Hope that helps,

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I tried to do so and it is not working. What am i doing wrong??? What is the Link Type suppose to be? File? or keep as http? I went Browse file and attach the pdf file that way, is that correct, when i go to preview it says check to see if address or whatever is correct. HELP!
      Annalee

Comment

Hey there, I went and did all that you said and i am still having troubles, coould you be more specific I am sorry I am still a little confused! Thanks!
        Annalee

Comment

Someone please look at my site, www.yousnoozeyoulose.net and let me know why my link to my document on the navigation is not working, HELP! I am trying to make a pdf doc a button on my navigation bar, and I can't make it work!
          Annalee

Comment

Lucky-

Your link is that of your desk top- not the server. So take the LoconomiBrochurePDF and upload it to the server with FTP Manager. Then on your navigation bar your link would look like this;

Keep in mind that all this is case sensitive. Make sure your file ends in .pdf or .PDF and the name of the file matches the one on your link.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

AWSOME ANDY, THANKS A BUNCH! IT JUST NEVER REALLY CLICKED TO GO TO TOPLS WHERE FTP MANAGER IS, I AM STILL LEARNING! :)
              Annalee

Comment

Any time Lucky- its a lot of fun using BV.

Have a great weekend.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                X