navaldesign script for TAF button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navaldesign script for TAF button?

Im wondering if there is a script for a tell a friend button that would lead the customer over to a self created page for them to email from?

Re: naveldesign script for TAF button?

Maybe Im not understanding the button at all, but this is the page I came up with:
    http://kateart-cards.com/Tell%20A%20Friend!.html

Comment

Hi Kate,

the Tell a Friend Button is used vy visitors to send an email to their friends telling them about your site. There is a script that i have posted in : Tell A Friend Script Check it out and if you like it just download the script and put it in your site. Don't forget to link the button you already have, to the page that you will create.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

alrighty! thanx much!

Comment

lol...I hoped to say Whoo, Hoo I did it! as IM sure you were too!
          Heres the addy and its saying:
          Message was not sent
          Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: recipients_failed

http://www.kateart-cards.com/tell_a_friend.html

Comment

Hi Kate, you should NOT have changed the names of the fields. That's why you get the error
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I didnt think that I had...Ill go back and look..I thought Id learned not to do that from before...

Comment

By Job I think I've got it! If I learn anything! I have to learn to stop changing the field names! And I tried so hard not to!...

http://kateart-cards.com/tell_a_friend1.html

However I do wish the recieved email had a bit more personality...I tried to write more in the message area and it wouldnt publish out...

Comment

Technically speaking thete is no reason why it should have a limit . Maybe some temporary problem on the net? Try it again.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Yea there was in fact something strange as I had writen this huge insert and after publishing all I received was the first line, and there was an address to go to!
                    So I thought I had too many words? then went back to the original script that did in fact work and still recieved the same...
                    I had also gotten a message saying that I was sending and recieving emails too many in a short time? I figured that was the spam control so I just got offline and went to bed!
                    Ill try again today. Thanks so much!

Comment

Ok - navel Ive got it and Ive now learned (God I hope!) to stop modifying things!...maybe after my infant stage Ill know more about changing and twisting things, but for now Ive got to stop!..lol, although I have learned a lot about script..the hard way!..hehehe
                      Thank you very much, it is much apreciated!

One thing - why is there a spot for "name" when its seemingly not coming up at the end email...or did I do again something I shouldnt have done...although I did try yours, using my name at the beginging and all that came up was 'their' name and such.....

Comment

Don't know, maybe i have not put their nane in the script. I'll look at it and let you know.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanx Boss! I found it strange when yours didnt do that either, so Im hoping I didnt do something wrong!..lol

Comment

Try it now at http://www.southernmarine.info/tell_a_friend.html

If you like it that way, download again the zip (the link is in the thankyoupage) and make the necessary adjustments and upload it on the server. You only need to change the php script
                            Navaldesign

Comment

yes! very cool! thank you very much!
                              that makes more sence to have the person that sent it have thier name in there!
                              good job Navel!

Comment

Working...
                              X