This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the templates

Hi. My username is chrissy44 and my site is offline and it is www.blueroselingerie.com

When I chose the template that I wanted and made it to where it would make all of my pages that way, shouldn't the template show up automatically on the grids when I go to edit one of my pages that I created? There is no template there.

Is there something else that I am supposed to do to get the template on the grid in order to be able to see and work on, say, my About Us page?

Don't I need the template there first in order to click on it to get to the advanced option to add an image to the page?

I have watched the tutorials, but I guess I do not understand this part.
    Last edited by navaldesign; 05-21-2006, 05:20 PM.

Re: About the templates

No, Soho does not display the template. You see, Soho keeps for itself the left and upper space of the pages, and puts in there the template (header) and the menubar. What you actually see is the center part of the page, the one that you can edit.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, I am confused. Here again is what my problem is, maybe more detailed. My site is blueroselingerie.com and my username is chrissy44.

Ok, when I go to my "Main Menu" in soholaunch I click on "Open/Edit" page. I then click on Edit page for "about us". Then the squares or the grid comes up. I don't see anything at all on those squares.

A. Shouldn't I see a template there that I chose for every page?

B. If not, how can I add an image that I have uploaded and make that image end up on the left side of the template instead of the middle? If you look at my home page the flowers are on the left. If you look at my about us page, they are in the middle. Although, I added both of them in the 2nd middle square when working on each page.

For the text on the home page I put the text editor into the one directly below it.
      Why is it then, that the home pages flowers ended up on the left, and the about us flowers ended up in the middle?

Also, why can I click on the objects on the home page and you can choose from basic or advanced options, but I can't click on the objects on the about us page where it will give the option of basic or advanced?

I am really struggling with this. I tried to call the number for help, but all I got was to send in a ticket. Most of the time when I ask for detail, no one gives me any detail of what to do. I have watched the tutorials, and have sent in tickets. They respond, but only with a quick little answer. It is not helping me . I guess I am not too bright about this stuff, but I am trying my best. Please someone, help me.

Thank you so much
      Chrissy44

Comment

A. Shouldn't I see a template there that I chose for every page?

NO. The template is only visible when you view the page normally.

B. If not, how can I add an image that I have uploaded and make that image end up on the left side of the template instead of the middle? If you look at my home page the flowers are on the left. If you look at my about us page, they are in the middle. Although, I added both of them in the 2nd middle square when working on each page.

For the text on the home page I put the text editor into the one directly below it.
        Why is it then, that the home pages flowers ended up on the left, and the about us flowers ended up in the middle?

Also, why can I click on the objects on the home page and you can choose from basic or advanced options, but I can't click on the objects on the about us page where it will give the option of basic or advanced?

I am really struggling with this. I tried to call the number for help, but all I got was to send in a ticket. Most of the time when I ask for detail, no one gives me any detail of what to do. I have watched the tutorials, and have sent in tickets. They respond, but only with a quick little answer. It is not helping me . I guess I am not too bright about this stuff, but I am trying my best. Please someone, help me.

Soholaunch is a third perty product, not supported by Vodahost. You can find more answers on their site and forum.

If you wish, use my Form to send me your loggin info so i can have an insight look
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I sent you my information on your form so that you can get into my site. Thanks.

Comment

Chrissy44 again. blueroselingerie.com
            I think I may have actually figured my problem out. It took a lot of reading, but I am getting it to do what I want so far.
            Thank you
            Christina

Comment

thread closed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X