Unveiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unveiling

This is my first website and it was a complete labor of love...a special tribute to a couple of very talented friends. verion 1.0 is up and running and i think ready for the public. i know the pages load a bit slow, and when i redo the galleries permanently i'll see about resizing some pics and speeding load times. anyway, take a look and let me know what you think...i have broad shoulders, i can take it :)

Re: Unveiling

Originally posted by weezer
    This is my first website and it was a complete labor of love...a special tribute to a couple of very talented friends. verion 1.0 is up and running and i think ready for the public. i know the pages load a bit slow, and when i redo the galleries permanently i'll see about resizing some pics and speeding load times. anyway, take a look and let me know what you think...i have broad shoulders, i can take it :)

www.madriaart.com
    Nice work! I like the overall look and feel of your site. I find the tiny white text against the black background a little difficult to read and your gallery page 4 is still named three. On this visit that's all I noticed. I loke the photographs - cool. Congratulations, with a little bit of tweaking and, as you say, re-sizing of pics, it will be excellent.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks for the heads up on the misnaming Amanda. I fixed it. :) and i enlarged the text a little and change to a sans serif font. i hope it helps. i experimented with yellow text, but it hurt my eyes too bad. i couldn't do that to any body. :) glad you like the photos...Mary will be happy to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by weezer
        thanks for the heads up on the misnaming Amanda. I fixed it. :) and i enlarged the text a little and change to a sans serif font. i hope it helps. i experimented with yellow text, but it hurt my eyes too bad. i couldn't do that to any body. :) glad you like the photos...Mary will be happy to hear it.
        That's much better! Just the loading times to work on now... good luck and well done.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Gotta question for Amanda and David since i know you 2 viewed my site. I have 2 artists featured on my site...one on the left of the home page and one on the right...my question is this, are people missing the second set of galleries with the links being on the right side of the page instead of the left? do i need to restructure things at all?

Comment

Sorry not Amanda or David but will answer your question from my point of view. I did not have any trouble finding the links on the right for the second artist. Seemed very intuitive. Would love to see text with title of artwork if it were available.

Comment

Pretty neat, Weez!

I have a site in the works rather similar: a "testimonial" site, one that holds more meaning for those involved, but also for the circle of valued hearts we treasure.... take a peek !!

Although it's not finished nearly at all (too much time on my other ones, but at least the front is up), you can see where I am going with it.

Yours is great....all the right content, a fresh perspective of presentation, mixture of form and color that is expressive. Are you fine with the fonts on your buttons? Maybe make it easier to read?

Otherwise, it is a site I will be popping in on frequently to see how you are doing....and what more I should be doing! LOL
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thanks for taking a look for me guys...i was worried that some of the work would be missed.

Duffer, mary has asked me not to post any text or titles with her pics as she is afraid of coloring the viewers own perception. we are however working on at least categorizing all of her work, so it will make some sort of sense. i still haven't had a chance to connect with Adria to see what, if any, text she wants to provide with her paintings.

Vasisli, great front page! let me know when u get the rest put together so i can have a look. as for my button font, i really want it to match the font at the top of the page, but i'm not really married to the idea of having it bold. actually, lightening it up a little may make it easier to read. thanks for the tip.

Comment

Will do!
                  I think that taking it off bold will do the trick.

Also....think about editing your "Profile Page" and updating your signature to include your website ...both located in your User CP...top of every page in the Forums....

Makes it easier for all to communicate!

Have a great Voda Day, Corporal! Carry on....

Comment

2nd look and its getting better.....

I think mary has a point.....leave it to the viewers perception.

Have fun..........
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I like this home page better than your first and yes, I see the gallerys. Great Job! and no, I wouldn't label the artwork either. Each piece probably speaks differently to those who view.
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I find the poor lamb photos scary.
                        Sharon Chajin

Comment

This coming from a someone dangling over a mousetrap!

(It's all a matter of perspective, dear Sharon! Like art?) LOLOL

Comment

Sharon: I'm with you. What was worse was that on the lamb pictures, when I clicked, they went to full screen, which the other pictures didn't, so that poor little thing just popped right in my face. (crawling under table now) But like Vasili said, I guess it's a matter of perspective.
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Lady's, come on now!
                              I wouldn't necessarily hang a picture like this in my house, but reminds me more of preparations for our Orthodox Easter....roasting a lamb??

But, then again, I'm not terribly sqeamish either. I would think with CSI and Autopsy shows the rage, this would be not shocking, but maybe "unexpected" in a gallery??
                              <helping Fl.Lady to her feet>
                              Can we go forward? LMAO!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X