Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you someones test my form on the Contact Us Page

My website is http://www.softwareeditorial.com/contact us.html
    I would appreciate if someone could test this, one thing I have noticed is that no one seems to have their emails go to a googlemail account, this is where I want mine to go
    Last edited by navaldesign; 05-23-2006, 08:20 AM.

Re: Could you someones test my form on the Contact Us Page

Seems to work ok, though the Thankyou page is not what i would do.
    A good habbit is to have your links with underscores - no blank spaces. I had to correct your link.
    And yes, after a change in the smtp autentication software, which was performed sometime ago, you can have the mail sent to your Google email address
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thank you naval design

this is what appeared in googlemail

Values submitted from web site form:
      email_address : ????@navaldesign.it
      subject : Testing
      name : Navaldesign
      Submit : Submit

is that usual for it to be like this ?

how could I make the message after clicking the button more appealing ?
      Last edited by navaldesign; 05-23-2006, 04:01 PM.

Comment

You may also want to change your 404 error page. Your "Click here to continue" link leads to www.vodahost.com and NOT to your homepage as it should (or the last page they had visited on your site)
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have not seen a click here to continue link !

or a 404 error page where is this then, all i see is when I click the submit button is a message in which there are no links

Comment

You need to change the script a little. Go in : http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

You can also find a tutorial and example on adding field validation in your script in http://netisopen.com/computer/TF005/T005.html
            Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by cmwatts67
              I have not seen a click here to continue link !

or a 404 error page where is this then, all i see is when I click the submit button is a message in which there are no links
              What i meant is the 404 Page not found error page that comes up when a visitor clicks on a non exixting link on your site. F.e., click on http://www.softwareeditorial.com/1234.html This will take you to your error page. This page can be customised to take back to your homepage. Click on this : http://www.navaldesign.info/dfsbb to see my error page.
              Navaldesign

Comment

this is my form html I am a bit lossed with regard to what you are recommending this is the html of my form

<FORM name="Contact Us" method="POST" action="contact us.php" enctype="multipart/form-data">
                <DIV style="position:absolute;left:15px;top:40px;width: 150px;height:18px;z-index:10" align="left">
                <FONT style="FONT-SIZE:11pt" color="#00005E" face="Arial"><B>Name</B></FONT>
                </DIV>
                <DIV style="position:absolute;left:15px;top:100px;width :150px;height:18px;z-index:11" align="left">
                <FONT style="FONT-SIZE:11pt" color="#00005E" face="Arial"><B>Email Address</B></FONT>
                </DIV>
                <TEXTAREA name="Message" style="position:absolute;left:184px;top:261px;widt h:367px;height:272px;z-index:12" rows=19 cols=43>Type Your Message Here</TEXTAREA>
                <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:182px;top:97px;width :368px;z-index:13" size="46" name="email address" value="">
                <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:182px;top:156px;widt h:368px;z-index:14" size="46" name="subject" value="">
                <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:181px;top:39px;width :368px;z-index:15" size="46" name="name" value="">
                <DIV style="position:absolute;left:15px;top:156px;width :150px;height:18px;z-index:16" align="left">
                <FONT style="FONT-SIZE:11pt" color="#00005E" face="Arial"><B>Subject</B></FONT>
                </DIV>
                <INPUT type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" style="position:absolute;left:182px;top:558px;z-index:17">
                <INPUT type="reset" name="Reset" value="Reset" style="position:absolute;left:254px;top:558px;z-index:18">
                <DIV style="position:absolute;left:485px;top:230px;widt h:65px;height:36px;z-index:19" align="left">
                <FONT style="FONT-SIZE:11pt" color="#00005E" face="Arial"><B>Message</B></FONT>
                </DIV>

</FORM>

If you could highlight what I need to change this would be simpler for me and would be appreciated

Comment

This is the form page code. You don't have to do anything here, except maybe changing the action: "contact us.php" in "contact_us.php" (with underscore). Then copy the following code:

<?PHP
                  $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
                  $mailto = youremail@yourdomain.com;
                  $mailsubj = "Put your subject here";
                  $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                  reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                  $mailbody = "
                  Values submitted from web site form: or whatever else you want \n";
                  while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
                  {
                  $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";

}
                  mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

header("Location:thankyoupage.html");

?>

Paste the code in notepad. Change the lines in blue, to be your own details. Go to "SAve As", choose File Type: All files, and save it as "contact_us.php" on your computer. Upload it on your site, using BlueFTP. Now go in your form page, change the action in "contact_us.php", save it and re-publish it.

Create your "thankyoupage" in BV, as you want it to be. Make sure to insert also your menubar, so the visitor can go on surfing your site. Publish it normally. You are done!
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you for your help,

I will have to try this later as I have to go on a construction site now

once again thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Could you also give me clear instructions on that error page we discussed out of this forum

Comment

If you want a personalized " 404 Page not found" Error Page, create the page in BV excactly as you like it. Save it. Right click anywhere on the page, and Go to Page HTML. Copy the code of the page. Now go in your VodaHost CP, click on Error Pages. Choose the 404 Wrong Page. In the window that opens, delete everything, and paste the code that you have copied from the BV page. Save the page and you are done.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

thats great that sounds easy enough I shall do this later

Comment

To Naval design i am getting the page for email confirmation acceptable but i canoot get the message to my email address, which is softwareeditorial@googlemail.com.

could you tell me what is wrong

Comment

Did you put your email address in the script ?
                            Navaldesign

Comment

I think I have cracked it, could you test it for me one more time I think its done please would you let me know ?

Much Appreciated !

Comment

Working...
                              X