PhpBB2 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhpBB2 Problems

Ca I have PhpBB2 , one in english and the other in chinese, each has its one directory located at same URL .

For e.g domainname/forum1 and domainname/forum2 where forum1 in chinese and forum 2 in english?. Have this got to do with applicaiton of sub domain? Please shed some light

Lincoln
    www.xuankong-liufa.com

Re: PhpBB2 Problems

Yes, you can install as many copies of phpbb. You don't need to use a subdomain, a directory will work. Just install the second copy the same way you did the first.. but put them in different directories.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

) File: /home/zqppumqp/public_html/中文/config.php [ERROR! ]
      2) File: /home/zqppumqp/public_html/中文/data.sql [ERROR! ]

Hi, Mr Watdaflip, thank you, It took me soemtime to find back this forum. I didi as you had advised.

I used Fantatisco to instal One more copy PhpBB2 on same URL, intended for Chinese language forum. As you can see the two above files, There was Thd Word / ERROR .

Could I still proceed and ignore it.

Lincoln
      www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Is that the exact error it gives you? Usually it will give you some more information which will help troubleshoot it.

And your installing these to different directoriese right. like www.yoursite.com/english-forum and www.yoursite.com/chinese-forum?

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hi, Thank again for your speedy reply.I want to make sure my personal compouter does not have any problems, So I sent it for reformating hours ago.Yes, I used fantatisco to do exactly what I did in the first occasion installing Phpbb2.

I just filled chinese forum- in chinese on that *Square Box* suppose to be the sub directory path automatically generated by the system.

I dare not even try to Upgrade phpBB2 .21 -the latest verson thaT WAS announcened on 7th June FEARING I WOULD AGAIN LOSS ALL MY MEMBERS DATA AND ARTICLES CONTENT.

Did you see something wrong with it or it is normal.

Lincoln
          www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

The reason of the above error was probably of the Chinese Word filled in the box there. I concluded that Chinese character and words can not be applied as I could install successfully phpbb2 version other than english language and it was perfeclty OK. I just want to inform, in case any parties face same problems like this.The other thing was, Removal of the scripts mistakenly adding wth one or two chiense words and character while installing, by Fantatisco, was not possible. Advice saying that it has to be removed manually.

The others thing was that Updating of phpbb2 to latest version By Fantatisco was never allowed and made a preset, to user. I wonder how many of us new comers, used to instal all scripts thereof, by Fantatisco, COULD have that skill and esperience to REMOVE OR UPDATE updated version BY NOT USING FANTATISCO.

Such facilities and convenience, if are offered and rendered as BUILT IN , it really Free many of new learnewer and users, Big Headages and Problems on sport.

Lincoln
            www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Hi, Mr Watdaflip.

Now, my forum in English cannot be opened. What would you suggest. Could I request for a reset? Or I just loss everythig I have had built up so far and to re install afresh again?

Thank

Lincon
              www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

moving to forum section.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You don't have to lose any information you have... you can go to the mysql manager, then open up phpmyadmin and export the phpbb database. This way you don't lose any information and you can reinstall it and see if it works. I honestly dont know what to say, I havn't experience any such problems, perhaps you should try posting at phpbb.com's website, they should be able to help you better then anyone here can

Register/Login Script

Comment

Mr.Watdaflip

Thank you very much, It all solved.

Lincoln
                    www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Working...
                    X