PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlinking a book to my page

karel
05-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Hi

Can anybody help me.

I have done a thank you page, so when someone purchases an e-book (buy it now) it will take them to that page, but what i need is a downloadable book on my site, so when somebody makes a purchase they click on a link and download the book for themselves straight away, saves them waiting for me to recieve there email and then attach it. I have the book on my computer and i have uploaded it to the FTP manager, i think that is what I have to do.

Thanks

Sara

navaldesign
05-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Yes,as soon as you get the payment confirmation, have them redirected to the link page, (the redirection will be made by PayPal or whichever else you work with)

karel
05-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi Naval,

So i have to go to paypal to get a link? Not quite sure, how do i get the pdf book onto my site well the thank you page? I am lost ............

Thanks

Sara

navaldesign
05-24-2006, 05:58 AM
Paypal is just a suggestion. Generally speaking, when a client purchases an e-book on your site, he must first pay before he can download it. So you will need to have a presentation page, where you describe the content of the book, maybe also some pages of the book, so the visitor can read a small part of the book, to see if he likes it. Then, you must add a "Buy now" button. When they click on the button they get redirected on Paypal's site where they pay. Then they get redirected (by Paypal) back to a Thank you page of your site, where the link to the PDF file is included. So they can download it.

The PDF file (i.e. the ebook) has to be upload on your site, and the link from the thankyou page to the book will look like : www.yourdomain.com/bookname.pdf (http://www.yourdomain.com/bookname.pdf) .

I think that Paypal has also the possibility to provide the customer with a password, (preestablished by you). So you can put the ebook in a password protected directory, so people who haven't paid, can't download the file anyway.

karel
05-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi Naval,

I have typed that link in now, but what would i put in the hyperlink eg. www.anxietynomore.co.uk/AtLastALife.pdf (http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/AtLastALife.pdf) or public_html not quite sure what i have to put in that link.

Thanks

Sara

navaldesign
05-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Your link is correct, if you click on it, you can download your ebook.