X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking a book to my page

Hi

Can anybody help me.

I have done a thank you page, so when someone purchases an e-book (buy it now) it will take them to that page, but what i need is a downloadable book on my site, so when somebody makes a purchase they click on a link and download the book for themselves straight away, saves them waiting for me to recieve there email and then attach it. I have the book on my computer and i have uploaded it to the FTP manager, i think that is what I have to do.

Thanks

Sara
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Hyperlinking a book to my page

Yes,as soon as you get the payment confirmation, have them redirected to the link page, (the redirection will be made by PayPal or whichever else you work with)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

So i have to go to paypal to get a link? Not quite sure, how do i get the pdf book onto my site well the thank you page? I am lost ............

Thanks

Sara
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Paypal is just a suggestion. Generally speaking, when a client purchases an e-book on your site, he must first pay before he can download it. So you will need to have a presentation page, where you describe the content of the book, maybe also some pages of the book, so the visitor can read a small part of the book, to see if he likes it. Then, you must add a "Buy now" button. When they click on the button they get redirected on Paypal's site where they pay. Then they get redirected (by Paypal) back to a Thank you page of your site, where the link to the PDF file is included. So they can download it.

The PDF file (i.e. the ebook) has to be upload on your site, and the link from the thankyou page to the book will look like : www.yourdomain.com/bookname.pdf .

I think that Paypal has also the possibility to provide the customer with a password, (preestablished by you). So you can put the ebook in a password protected directory, so people who haven't paid, can't download the file anyway.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval,

I have typed that link in now, but what would i put in the hyperlink eg. www.anxietynomore.co.uk/AtLastALife.pdf or public_html not quite sure what i have to put in that link.

Thanks

Sara
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Your link is correct, if you click on it, you can download your ebook.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X