Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nearly there!

Hi you patient people out there!

I have published my website finally and have a bit of tweeking to do, hope to pick a few brains if that's okay? www.kiwi-pride-labradoodles.com

1/ I would like help with my inquiry form page please. I have watched and watched the tutorials... I have puplished the page and have created my webmail account, I have then followed the tutorials of changing the form properties in BV to allow for email conection, I have then created the new file in Notepad with the downloaded code, loaded it through BlueFPT,

is the public_folder the top one on the right of the FPT screen? ( once connected etc)? if it is then I have done it correctly etc..

I have gone to my form and typed in a message and it goes in to cyber space somewhere, and not into my webmail account???

It says on the turorial that I will have two pages now one www.yourdomainname.com/contact.html and one called www.yourdomainname.com/contact.php , I have not entered these site address's anywhere ( with my website address etc) when I published the form the first time, it was just uploaded via the blue voda creating website programme. Is there somewhere i am meant to add the above address to??? Is there somewhere I am going wrong?? Help as there will be folk out there typing in there info ( here's hoping!!) and I am not getting it etc..

Thanks guys, Jody

Re: nearly there!

Jody-
    I went to your site and the contact page with the form on it opens in a pre-determined pop-up window where it is impossible to scroll to see all of the form and submit.

I am unsure of what directions you were following- give these a try;

http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

This is very easy to do. Post back if there are any questions.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy , you are a darling, thanks ever so much.

I wondered if you would go back there to my inquiry form and see what you can see, I've had a freind look and it seems okay, but I did go through your very extensive tutorial and changed a few things, so hopefully it reads correctly now?

I have sent an email to my web email and it went there, so that's one more thing fixed.

So while I have you Andy, you seem very knowledgible, when i do my web pages in BV and you do the metatags for "index" first page etc, (I have filled in all relevant information to do with my site), do I on any sub pages fill in this area, or do I leave it blank so all traffic goes to the index?

I also type into "google" my web name and it can't find it, how do I fix this, would you know??

Thanks so very much for taking the time to help, very appreciated,

Many thanks Jody

Comment

firstly its very nice and pleasent on the eye but only a little but the text on index is a tadd small for me but just rite on other pages the contact was ok for me now and as for meta tags etc there are lots and lots of posts in a thread on here about meta tags youve just got ot keep reading them all to work it all out im still always popping in there for a look always learning
        as for goolge get all the meta tags rite etc and be patient it will get there in the end it tkes time to get noticed there are peopel doing a lot longer than you out there so just keep plodding on good liuck its ncie
        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Jody-

Yes- I suggest that you give a description on each page and also a title. Beathers is best suited to really give great advise on this description and meta tag thing. She is very knowledgeable about that stuff.

As to google- it will take a while for them to pick you up but they will- rest assured. My site is a family site and I left the titles and descriptions blank because I really wasn't interested in the rest of the world viewing it- but google has found me just the same.

Back to your site- For me, each page is loading in a pop-up window still. I suggest that you go to your links and delete what ever it is you have in the target area and leave it so it opens up in a full page and within the site. You have great navigation bars on each page that will direct the viewer seamlessly between pages. Lincslady brought up a great point about this. Check it out;
          http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...ghlight=_blank

I have to go to work for a few hours but I'll check back later if you have any additional questions or problems. Plus- there is always some one here willing to lend a helping hand. Talk to ya later.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks guys,

Thanks for helping, I am just about there but still afew things to edit, will take a few days as I have some new babies (puppies) just arrived, will keep me lying low for a few days.

But before I close, I have just aquired a hit counter today from "bravenet", I need to copy the html of the text over to BV programme, I open up the BV index page I have created and it won't let me paste.

Do I have to go into the "page Html"? and where do I copy it into?

"By the way I like the photo's lad's, but which one hasn't been digitally mastered?"

I really appreciate you spending the time, cheers from New Zealand, Jody

Comment

Hi Daleside

Click on the HTML icon top left side in BV... an HTML box will appear ..double click ...copy n paste
              Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Jody-

Everything looks great and appears to be working just fine. Very nice job.
                I wish you and yours great success.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Well I am nearly there with my website also, but i am having a really bummer of a time with the links! I have checked and rechecked that each one (I only have 3 so far) has the .html at the end. My problem is that when I preview the index page and get to my gallery page, I cannot click the "Home" link to get back to my index. and the same happens when I preview the Gallery I can click on the home link but cannot get back to the gallery page. the ebay link works fine each and every time I preview or pull it up in my browser,
                  Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
                  here is my site

sugarplum
                  www.sugarplumstudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by sugarplum
                    Well I am nearly there with my website also, but i am having a really bummer of a time with the links! I have checked and rechecked that each one (I only have 3 so far) has the .html at the end. My problem is that when I preview the index page and get to my gallery page, I cannot click the "Home" link to get back to my index. and the same happens when I preview the Gallery I can click on the home link but cannot get back to the gallery page. the ebay link works fine each and every time I preview or pull it up in my browser,
                    Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
                    here is my site

sugarplum
                    www.sugarplumstudios.com
                    Hiya!

According to your site - you have missed the .html off the end of gallery in your link. Also - links don't work in preview mode. Only when published. Hope this helps you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ok, I understand that, but when I do pull the site up in the browser the same thing happens. when linking the pages I do add the .html and then save the page but when I go back and check the links are missing. this is very puzzling for me. Ive been at this for about 3 hrs now just on the links! I am going to try one more time.
                      thanks for such a speedy reply!

~sugarplum~

Comment

Your link back to your home page should be;

http://www.sugarplumstudios.com (leave off /index)

and to your gallery should be;

http://www.sugarplumstudios.com/gallery.html

Often people get confused and frustrated because their changes to the site (right after they publish) are not reflected. This is because the temp files. The browser will (unless set not to) will look in the temp files to see if the web page was recently loaded. If it has- then it will use that web page from the temp files and display it. This is done to conserve load times and delay. So either delete temp files or hit the F5 key several times while in your browser to clear the cache files.

Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

thank you! thank you! thank you!!! you have saved my night!

Thank you all for your help! It is very appreciated.

sugarplum

Comment

Wonderful advice for this new beginner, I did go in and delete the temporary files and tweeked a little and now it works fine.

sugarplum

Comment

Working...
                            X