How do the videos look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the videos look?

I need a little help from my BV family. I have a computer section to my website where I attempt to share my computer experiences and know how with family and friends. I am far from a computer expert - keep that in mind.

I have created video tutorials with Windows Media Encoder as it is a free program and easy to use. Other video tutorial programs out there can be very expensive. Anyway, I was wondering if I could get a few of you to look at one or two of the Video Tutorials and let me know what you think.
    I am looking for dial-up users to evaluate download times and also users with Firefox, Maxon and other browsers too. I would like to know if the tutorials are clear enough as well as their delivery and content. I am no public speaker either. Any way- thank you in advance for taking a look.
    The video tutorials are in the white and blue navigation bars.

http://www.netisopen.com/computer/ccmain.html

Thanks everyone.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Re: How do the videos look?

Cool Andy! I use IE6 on Sprint Broadband Satellite. It opened fast and played very quickly. The only thing is, when the video came up, I had to stretch my Windows media player screen to fit your tutorial in full screen. Your voice came across clear, your mouse movement was a little jerky, but no more than other video tutorials I've seen. Good Job and I'll look forward to seeing more!!
    Cindy
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi andy,

I'm on dial up and my pc is as old as the hills to!, loaded very quikly but I keep getting a message saying ..not able to access this media ...but i dont think thats you cos i get that message whenever i try to use it.

So i cant really give you proper summary cos i didnt see the video ...great idea tho
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Great job Andy,

I'm new to BV so the tutorials really did teach me something. They seemed well organized and thought out. I did not have the same trouble with windows media player that Floor Lady had so may be a difference in our settings.
        Can't help you with dial-up since I'm on broadband but have something else for you to look into. The white and blue buttons work fine on I.E. but could not make them work with Opera. Disclaimer---Could just be me since I'm not what you could call technically proficient.

Comment

i liked the vids Andy. they worked great on my IE6, but i'm still having Firefox probs i guess...couldn't open them with it.

they were straightforward, step-by-step, and easy to follow...just the way i like thing. cool job!

Comment

Cindy-Linda-Weezer and Duffer-

Thanks for your input- it is very much appreciated.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

wow that so cool geuss what ... yes i want one lol, realy good and weirdly enough you actualy sounded like i imagined you to thats good my freind realy like your work
              The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
              Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Good job, I never thought about some of the stuff that you speak of.

Thank you
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi Andy,

As usual great stuff but just to let you know that I can open tutorials in IE but not in Netscape 8.1. Just thought that might be useful info. for you. Latah
                  Bzzz
                  Beezz
                  sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Andy,

Looks like you've found a niche for your self:) interesting inforamative site, thanks for sharing. Checked the links provided on the left, it all works fine, some of the pages need to be titled

again, thanks for sharing your expertise to date.

Comment

Allstar-Sharon-Beezzz and Gueorgui,

Thanks for the nice comments and taking the time to preview- it means a lot and is appreciated.

Beezzz- A couple people have told me that some of the buttons doen't work in Firefox and Opera and now Netscape. Can't help but wonder what setting is preventing this in those OS's? I have viewed in Firefox and it works but others can't use buttons. Frustrating. It appears that I-frame is the culprit. Might have to re-vamp.

Again- thanks everone.

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Chris.

Hi Andy, I have tried this sort of thing myself & would love to know how many times you had to do remakes. (Not easy knowing it will be watched)
                        Every thing worked fine for me, but I think you may have the recording set to a lower quality as the image colours are a bit washed out. Not sure if you have the facility to take it up a notch. The only thing is the file size increases quite a bit. It may help to change the skin on your unit to silver instead of red. Silver tends not to look so washed out?
                        Did you place your voice on the video after you recorded your screen movements? Only because when I tried to do this, you could hear all my key strokes. Yours is a lot better.
                        Good luck with the next 1???? remakes, I now how you feel.

Cheers,

Chris.
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris-

Yes- you are very correct. It takes me a few times to get it right. The voice and screen are captured at the same time. I will be experimenting with quality but that does increase file size and thus load times. Windows Media Encoder is a free program from MS and is very handy. I also use it to stream my police scanner over the internet. It has many uses. I will also try changing the skin as you suggest.

Thanks for the preview and suggestions.

Andy
                          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Website loading quickly but when I click or tried to, for the videos I got nothing. The browser I use must not be very good, I keep seeing text overprinted onto other text. Your site looks great and great ideas. If it helps I was using Firefox.
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I learned a lot from your videos and they really helped me

Comment

Working...
                              X