Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We back and we bad!! Ok - more crispy!! New site for you all to comments on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We back and we bad!! Ok - more crispy!! New site for you all to comments on!

Hi All!!

we got back from our Baja adventure somewhat toasty - ok, burned to crisps - but intact.

I've finished the preliminaries on the new site http://www.newworldculinary.com/

Tell me what you think. I've already got a contact with a published chef who recently opened a B&B in Queretaro in central Mexico who would love to host classes and tours. Also got a good contact in SCORE to help.

Glad to be back and talking to you all.
    Terri
    www.ice-tropic.com
    www.janebondtravel.com
    www.theazfoodcritic.com

Re: We back and we bad!! Ok - more crispy!! New site for you all to comments on!

Jane-

Like the colors and pictures- I have broadband and it did take a bit to load. Nothing terrrible- but might make dial-up a headache. One of your pics is 800X600 in size but is currently displayed at about 300X or less. Might want to re-size.
    You said preliminaries- so I will assume that you are aware most if the links do not work. What you have started is very nice-colorful and makes me very hungry! Keep up the good work.

Talk to ya later.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Re: We back and we bad!! Ok - more crispy!! New site for you all to comments on!

Thanks Andy,

I think the load time is on the slideshow on the top, do you think I should make them static? I will resize that pic too. Yes, most of the other pages aren't done so the links aren't working.

Thanks for your input.
      Terri
      www.ice-tropic.com
      www.janebondtravel.com
      www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Jane,

Yeah- probably make them static on the index page. You could then use them on another page with less pics now that you have them hooked and hungry!

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thx - I'll attend to it this weekend, full dance card before that.

Thanks for looking. I'm exhausted, I always wonder how that can be sitting in a car all day!
          Terri
          www.ice-tropic.com
          www.janebondtravel.com
          www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Hello Jane!

You’ve been given good advice by Andy, so I’ve got nothing to add:
            Thorough appearance really makes me hungry and is created with a good test, especially colors and disposition of meals within central part of page: makes tasteful impression. We Georgians have very rich kitchen, rich with red pepper, and I heard that Mexican kitchen is famous with chili, too; so the first association of Mexican food for me is concerned with chili. That is the reason that I like flame-colored picture, which coincides with my association, but what about background blue color?
            Would it be better to change it?

Regards,
            Mirza.
            my website:
            http://autorestore.gol.ge/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by jane bond
              Hi All!!

we got back from our Baja adventure somewhat toasty - ok, burned to crisps - but intact.

I've finished the preliminaries on the new site http://www.newworldculinary.com/

Tell me what you think. I've already got a contact with a published chef who recently opened a B&B in Queretaro in central Mexico who would love to host classes and tours. Also got a good contact in SCORE to help.

Glad to be back and talking to you all.
              Welcome back, Terri!

I like, again! Although I agree with Andy on the load times for your beautiful pictures. It's looking good and I look forward to seeing it develop. Excellent.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Terri,

Nice to see you back,

Your site looks great, agree with all of the above, it took 8 mins for your home page to load on my dial up the things that took the longest were the 2 things either side of your title are they pic? it was still trying to load at 8 mins, thats when i clicked off so i dont know what they were.

Also on my screen you have a big gap over 2inches to the left of your page resulting in a sideways scroll but the overall design is lovely

Nice job!
                Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Hi Lady Jane,

So far looking good, glad your back.
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

Nice site and well laid out. I agree about the moving bits at the side of the title, it slows down the page load time heck of a lot.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
                    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

its very well layed out and presented, it works on the senses too:) I can imagine what a smptuous experience it would be on a trip tomexico.

there is only one thing I would suggest to improve, the loading time is very slow

well done!

Comment

Thanks gang,

I'm going to work on all your great input this weekend. Had tons of work since I got back, I'm thinking BBQ'ing on the beach ain't so bad!!
                        Terri
                        www.ice-tropic.com
                        www.janebondtravel.com
                        www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Hi Terri!

Looking good - but I'm confused about whether you are trying to center the page or not? As is, it's not left or centered - and because of how it's sitting, I'm getting the blue on the left and a portion of the page on 800 width instead of your page entirely.

The pictures and downloading you are already aware of.

The looks and feel of it are great!
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Good looking site but a couple of things- It opens quickly enough - high speed cable service here- but with two inches of unoccupied blue border tio the left of the screen. Right scroll to get the written word. Three pages up - more to follow?

Dave
                            Dave
                            http://www.peacoatpress.com
                            ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Are you back to work?
                              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                              X