How do I add a addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add a addon

Hello, I have just created a new account with Voda host, got the free set-up, I am now the owner of www.sawitat.com. I currently have an account with Geo Cities (yahoo) on another account; with a name I created and pay for the registration and I am paying for hosting. I want to add this domain name to my account so that I can fix up the web site with Voda Blue. I have unlocked the domain and I do have the adminitrators email.

1: Now what do I do?

2: Do I need to remove the Nameserver Host name and add the voda name server?

3: What is the Voda name server?

Re: How do I add a addon

Hi Daniel,

Please check out these instructions, it's quite straight forward but if you have any problems - come right back, okay?

http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...cleid=13&nav=0

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, I will do this when I get home; as you said its straight forward. Thanks 4 your time :)

Comment

My domain that I have at yahoo starts with a digit and the voda does not allow me to create a subdomain with a digit what do I do?

Comment

I also noticed that my registered name from yahoo was followed the name I have here at Voda, I wanted both names to be seperate, so that when you wanted to visit one site you type that address and when you wanted to visit the other you type that address. Is this possible, because I was under the impression that I could, if not I would have transfered my other account and got that hosted by Voda. Please let me know what I need to do, this is what I want

1. I would like to host my other registered name with Voda and pay Voda my monthly fee. I will keep paying yahoo my anual registration renewl fee of that name.

2. Is that possible with the account that I have created with Voda; now that I have created www.sawitat.com and still pay only the $9.95 , monthly hosting fee, or will I end up paying $20.00 for hosting both names?

3. If so how do I close my account?

Comment

Hi Daniel

Its probably best if you open a support ticket for your domain transfer subject, they will sort it for you
            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Are you trying to add your yahoo domain as subdomain, or as Addon domain ? Addon domains are completely independent domains, tht just share the same account (disk space and bandwidth) with the main one. You don't pay anything else. If your Yahho domain starts with a number, there is no reason why CP should not allow you to add it as addon, as long as it is registered. If you need more help, just use my form to provide me your loggin info (IP, username and password, those that Vodahost has emailed to you) as well as the registered Yahoo domainname, so i can add it in your account.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I just sent my IP, user, and pass to the form you provided. Thank you

Comment

411.... is not a registerd domainname. You cannot add a non registered domain name as addon domain in your account. Purchase it (which means it will get registered) and you will have no problem in adding it through your CP
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

When I applied with yahoo, i paid for the registration, hmmm, how do I find out if I am registered can I do a (whois) and can I register the name with Voda; how much?

Comment

Hi Navaldesign, I have replied to your email with a snapshot of the info I saw in WHOIS, it shows my name as the registar.

does this mean I am the registar, because my name is also in the admin area.

Thanks

Comment

can someone help please!

Comment

Ok, taking care. Please allow till tomorrow morning. It had to be solved through the help desk.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you very much, I hope I did not come accross rude, it has been a very rough week; I trully appriciate the help with this.

Comment

I am presently doing a complete overhaul of a site I have hosted thru VodaHost.

What I want to create is a Main website as it already appears at http://Martech-Inc.biz

But I want to create sub-domains which will not open under the main website page.

As explained below.

Martech-Inc.biz is the domain name.

I want to create multiple webpages using Martech-Inc.biz as the main domain with out showing the additional sub-domains in the landing page navigation.

So to speak:

I have several companies which want to be parked onto the Martech-Inc.biz domain.

The main URL for Martech is http://Martech-Inc.biz
                              Each additional parked website would be:

SampsonsDelights@Martech-Inc.biz
                              GlorifiedGypsom@Martech-Inc.biz
                              PeriodicDesigns@Martech-Inc.biz
                              SeizmicCalculations@Martecxh-Inc.biz

The names that appear above are not the real names to be placed onto the Martech Domain. They are just examples.

Now if I should use as described above. Can I create each new additional website so that they only open up into their own respective page, or will there need to be a main navigation that directs people to each respective website?

I do not want to have to change anything as it appears right now on the Martech-Inc.biz site. Just adding a sub-domain that when a person markets the URL it takes people only to their page and not the main Martech-Inc.biz main page.

I do not want to purchase new domains for each new URL address!
                              I want everything neatest into the domain but with its own direction into the respective website. Not to open into Martechs webpage view.

Thank you

Ram_Industries
                              Robert Montgomery
                              http://Martech-Inc.biz
                              Ram_Industries
                              Robert A. Montgomery
                              Ram-Industries@comcast.net
                              http://Martech-Inc.biz

Comment

Working...
                              X