Text area and custom colours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text area and custom colours.

I have a scrollable text box on my home page to use for updates, the text currently aligns to the left of the box, i want to be able to centre it all but i don't seem to be able to....ideas?

And... when changing the colour of text ect. any custom colours i add don't save and i have to add them again the next time i open BV which, because you can't just add the colour #'s (#000000) i have to keep a record of the red/green/blue/ palette #s and keep inserting those to get my custom colour back... again...ideas?

If anyone can help me solve these small but irritating problems i'd be most gratefull.
    ~Jan~

Jan's Place
    The Life n' Time's of Lady J'
    Picture This!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    God made man....then he had a better idea!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Text area and custom colours.

If you mean a text area, yes the text can't be centered. Your solution would be to create an auxiliary page, with normal text, aligned as you want it. In that page you can also add background colour and style the text as you wish.
    Then in your original page, create an Iframe, make it scrollable, and have it open the text page. My suggestion is to use, in the text page, not a background colour, but a coloured shape (rectangle) as background, and wlays keep the text centered (right to left) to the shape. The iframe, should be sized (in width) as the rectangle, so you will avoid horizontal scrolling.
    About the colour: you can't save the colours when you exit. But, once you have created a text or other filled object in your page, and filled it with your custom colour, the next time you go in that page and you want to add another object filled with that colour, click on the already existing object, and opening the Fill window, the RGB composition of the colour will appear. Just add it to the customised colours as you see it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you...i was beginning to think it was me doing sommat wrong with the text area...i will give your sugestion a go and see how that works....someone aught to look into making it possible to align text in the text area as well as being able to save custom colours...ideas for the next BV update perhaps.

Thanks again for your help.
      ~Jan~

Jan's Place
      The Life n' Time's of Lady J'
      Picture This!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      God made man....then he had a better idea!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The text area is usually used for forms, so there is no real need for aligning. When used only for text, the same job can be done through the I frame. You are correct about the saving of customised colours, would be a nice feature for a future update.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X