Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Drop Down Menu

Hello,

On my website (still under development) http://www.play181.com , I've got a Navagation menu on the left hand side as an Iframe. But I cant get the Drop Down Menu links to work. The pages dont load for me. I've had a browse around google but I didnt find much information.

Any help would be great
    Thanks

Re: Help with Drop Down Menu

Try this link for i-frame navigation bars -
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...r-i-frame.html

Make sure you have looked at the tutorials and that your navigation bar works before you put it in an i-frame. It is very easy once you get the hang of it.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

That trick works with Menu-bars alright but it doesnt seem to with Drop Down menus. I'm using that tutorial in fact on my current menu bar, and it works fine. But it doesnt work with Drop Down Menus.

Comment

Gary,

Question: on the drop down menu bar you created, how did you insert spaces between the words? I cant seem to space them out.

Thanks
        Robert

Comment

The dropdown list box works just great. It openup all the games links in the central frame.
          Headlands, this is nav bar (according to BV terminology) , not a menubar.Please look at your other post.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I sorted it out. You need to put this in your HEAD

<script>
            <!--
            function land(ref, target)
            {
            lowtarget=target.toLowerCase();
            if (lowtarget=="_self") {window.location=loc;}
            else {if (lowtarget=="_top") {top.location=loc;}
            else {if (lowtarget=="_blank") {window.open(loc);}
            else {if (lowtarget=="_parent") {parent.location=loc;}
            else {parent.frames[target].location=loc;};
            }}}
            }
            function jump(menu)
            {
            ref=menu.choice.options[menu.choice.selectedIndex].value;
            splitc=ref.lastIndexOf("*");
            target="";
            if (splitc!=-1)
            {loc=ref.substring(0,splitc);
            target=ref.substring(splitc+1,1000);}
            else {loc=ref; target="_self";};
            if (ref != "") {land(loc,target);}
            }
            //-->
            </script>

And on each of the options put *_top after the link like such
            <option value="<A href="http://www.play181.com/BLACK.html*_top">Black</option>[/QUOTE">http://www.play181.com/BLACK.html*_top">Black</option>

Originally posted by headlands
            Gary,

Question: on the drop down menu bar you created, how did you insert spaces between the words? I cant seem to space them out.

Thanks
            Robert
            You can try using my code Robert.

<form action="dummy" method="post"><select style="width:133px" STYLE="font-family : arial;
            font-size : 8pt "name="choice" onChange="jump(this.form)"><
            <option value="#">Select Game</option>
            <option target="_blank" value="URL ADDRESS<A href="http://www.play181.com/3dsudoko.html*_top">3D">"> BLA BLA BLA</option>
            </select>
            </form>

Comment

Hi there, I have another question regarding drop down menus. I read NavalDesign's tutorial, great work, my question though is can I create the same drop down menu with my own customizable buttons I've designed. In the Navbar option there are buttons to choose from but it does not allow to enter an image file for a button one has created. Is there a way around this, and if so, would someone care to explain.

It is for this site I am creating, www.prettypupsgrooming.com/home.html , if you click on you can see what type of buttons I am talking about.

Thanks,

Pablo

ps...Navaldesign, attendo una tua risposta, perche pare che te ne intendi pi&#249; di tutti!

Comment

Ciao, scusa ma devo risponderti pi&#249; tardi, ora scappo
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X