help with oscommerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with oscommerce

I am stuck, I am a novice when it comes to setup a shopping cart, I went to fantastio and installed oscommerce, now I don't what to do, What do I do after installing. Do I have to unzip any files? or what I thught it would be easier than it is.

Thanks for the help
    mrl51
    thank you, mrl51

how many productd do u want to sell and what country is your main target market?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

from mrl51 help with ecommerce

Originally posted by VodaHost
      how many productd do u want to sell and what country is your main target market?
      Thank you for replying! I will be selling under around 200 items and my target market is U.S. and Canada

Thank you
      mrl51
      thank you, mrl51

Comment

Originally posted by mrl51
        I am stuck, I am a novice when it comes to setup a shopping cart, I went to fantastio and installed oscommerce, now I don't what to do, What do I do after installing. Do I have to unzip any files? or what I thught it would be easier than it is.

Thanks for the help
        mrl51

When you install it it'll give you links to the page, one link is for the main page that you can link to from your site, and the other link is for admin access. The installer offer you to send a email to your email box with all the information to get started. If you didn't take this information down then just go back and hit oscommerance to uninstall it, then reinstall it. It auto installs to your public_html folder, it has an option for a new folder name when your installing this. I would suggest doing this to keep your public_html organized. Just put in shop or store and it'll install into a folder by that name inside your public_html folder.

I hope this helps you out, I havn't set my store up yet but it looked easy to do from the admin menu. Well have fun and let me know if you need more help.

GD13,

Comment

thanks golddraco13

Originally posted by GoldDraco13
          When you install it it'll give you links to the page, one link is for the main page that you can link to from your site, and the other link is for admin access. The installer offer you to send a email to your email box with all the information to get started. If you didn't take this information down then just go back and hit oscommerance to uninstall it, then reinstall it. It auto installs to your public_html folder, it has an option for a new folder name when your installing this. I would suggest doing this to keep your public_html organized. Just put in shop or store and it'll install into a folder by that name inside your public_html folder.

I hope this helps you out, I havn't set my store up yet but it looked easy to do from the admin menu. Well have fun and let me know if you need more help.

GD13,
          Thank you for the help I will try that!
          thank you, mrl51

Comment

Working...
          X