Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Engine Submission

Ok

Yet another stupid question for all you guys. I went through the feature of Voda Host and it says Search Engine Submission : Yes. Ok so what exactly do they mean by this - do they submit your site to search engines? If yes which ones? Is there any cost to it? or does it mean they offer the Voda Hits facility to do this? If its the latter am I better off going down this route or submitting them myself? Any ideas to costs etc??

Basically anything you think I should know (as a total beginner) about Search Engine Submission.

Thanks
    www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Re: Search Engine Submission

Voda will submit your site once to all the se's.

Personally, what you need to do - is to make your site visitor and se friendly - and to make sure you have links back to it - and it will get spidered whether submitted or not. Lots of the smaller se's will find it faster probably if submitted.

I believe you need to put in a support ticket when you're ready for VH to submit (and it is free).
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sorry for appearing stupid but what exactly do you mean by "have links back to it - and it will get spidered"?? I need some laymans terms on this!
      www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by bitznbats
        Sorry for appearing stupid but what exactly do you mean by "have links back to it - and it will get spidered"?? I need some laymans terms on this!
        Hi.

'Have links back to it' - have links on other sites leading back to your site.

'Spidered' - is when a search engine 'bot' or 'spider' crawls your site. They gather information and take it back to, say, Google HQ, where it sits in a sort of waiting area until they deal with it and hopefully, if you've done a good job, your site will be indexed. If you check your control panel - AWSTATS - you can see when a spider or bot has 'crawled' your site.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am very new to this and I am in the process of buliding my site. I am working with your software and love it. I have a question about Search Engine submission: The hosting company I have been working with up till now submits once a month. Is it something Voda Host can do? Is it necessary?

Comment

If you want your site to be seen it takes a hell of a lot of work. Building the website is the easy and fun bit. Getting it seen can be a 24 hour a day 365 days a year task!! I have over 10 websites to look after and optimize and I don't even get time to scratch my head!

Don't worry about these offers of "search engine submissions" and be careful of some of them on the internet as most of them are a trap to get your email on the "suckers list"

Go to Google and somewhere in the business section is a section where you can submit your own website url. Once they have this the others will follow. You will be surprised how many S.Engines and directories and other weird and wonderful websites you will start to appear on that you have never ever heard of or submitted to.

Just make sure your website is optimized well. I.E. Page titles, keywords, layout, content etc etc

People often make the mistake of making their page titles "Home Page" or "About Us" or they title them "Jane's shop". Now search engines pick up on the title as one of the first things when they spider sites. To them "Jane's shop" means nothing. But if Jane had titled her pages "Leather gloves and accessories" because that's what Jane sells this is more likely to be picked up when someone types into Google "Leather gloves" than it is staying "Jane's shop"

No one knows poor Jane so no one will search for "Jane's shop".

One of my websites sells cheap wedding dresses so my page title is "cheap wedding dresses". On Google I am on page 1. On MSN 4 out of the websites that are on page one are my websites under this search term.

With these link exchanges, stay away from recipricol linking. Google have swayed away from them now. Now they rate sites depending on how many sites link to them that are NOT linked back.

To overcome this you need to start a triangular link system. I have done this by using two of my websites to receive links back. Let me try to explain.

I ask a webmaster to link to my website (A). In return I link back to him from my website (B) which is on a similar theme. Therefore I am linking to him from one site but he is not linking back. He then links to my other website and I don't link back to him from that one. Thus giving us both a one way link. It's hard work persuading people out there to go this way but most realise the potential.

I am tired now from all this typing!
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

This is how people end up linking to you without you having to link back. The old fashioned approuch of trading links with companies and sites that have something in common with you.
              Eventually enough other people pick up the links as usefull to thier customers and simply link to your site without asking for a link back.
              After awhile it builds up expanatially. If you try tricks and scames to fool google it eventually back fires and gets you tossed into oblivion. Google has to buid new rules every year so people dont try to use tricks to get around the honest hard work of "EARNING" a top position. The reciprical link rule was made for the "Link Farm" trick people are useing.
              Find other sites to trade links with, that your customers will find usefull , ones that have good rankings , get about 15-20 to trade links with you, and let it work for you for a year and you will see your internet rankings grow. Of course you have to check that the other guy has not dropped your link so it looks like your linking to him without a recipical link back, thats a cheap trick some arses pull.
              Look into getting an "E-Public Eye" seal on your home page, it works wonders for your rankings.

Comment

Expand on E Public Eye Please
                Oh and while I have someones ear what happened to the forum builder on soho
                mine does not work.
                I need to build a register/payment form

Comment

Originally posted by gbuckley56
                  Expand on E Public Eye Please
                  Oh and while I have someones ear what happened to the forum builder on soho
                  mine does not work.
                  I need to build a register/payment form
                  The "Public Eye" is only one of many methods you can select to use as you try to build more credibility for the Consumer and increase the metric of index potential for the Search Engines. There are others, such as BizRate (which actually reviews your site before listing it in their "destination directory"), Shop.com (which may or may not be beneficial - depends on the type of your site), PriceGrabber.com, etc.
                  The key to real overall online success (SE rank is only one element) is having a detailed Plan, a tight Design, and enough of the real and relevant information necessary for you to make reasoned decisions as you evolve. Everything takes time, and if you rush into anything, you will invariably find cause for frustration later.

Soho has many of the features delimited due to irreconcilable bugs (i.e. not just the Forum, but also the shading/colorization of text boxes) and are promised to be corrected with an updated version. That is why it is always good to monitor the "Update Status" in your VodaHost cPanel.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I just completed my site and finally was able to buy into bluevoda i had to place a spider robot onto every page for it to be indexed and went to 2 other sites for keyword density analizer and meta tag analizer now with all that done my site is search engine friendly with no errors and everything is in the green instead of the red. but now i have to pay into a web traffic blazer i was told in order to have my site listed on the search engines. bummer more money to pay out here's my link if anyone wants to check it out, http://www.naghosthunters.com
                    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
                    X