how to promote a forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to promote a forum

how do i promote my forum php so the search engines can find it like i do with meta tags for my other site
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Re: how to promote a forum

Originally posted by allstarfaces
    how do i promote my forum php so the search engines can find it like i do with meta tags for my other site
    Look around in the MOD Release Announcements and Support area and you should find something that will do the trick. If it looks too complicated to implement, let me know and I'll help you with it.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

or cheers mate realy appreciate that , i will thanks

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

hi allstarfaces.
        you don't realy have to, for some reason google likes forums it picks up on the threads or posts, i have more google results, on post in forums than on my site. in many ways to post on a forum is a way of advertising your site, thats why we are members of six forums ( not including this one ) i have had threads pop up on google all 0ver the place.
        plus people from those forums check out your site and may be want to link with yours. the more thread you can get the better it is. this month google has hit me 4312 times not bad for a site like mine.

Comment

wow thats not bad attall is it , i realy seem to struggle gettin results like that i know its a question everybody asks "how to get more hits etc" but ive read all the advice like from bethers and everything about metas etc but never seem to get any further with search engines are well will kee plodding on cheers for thataliens

Comment

wow thats spooky i just tried it on google again and it was second for autograph collecting forum unbeleivable that is i tried that loads of times earlier today and it was nowhere lol thanks

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
              Look around in the MOD Release Announcements and Support area and you should find something that will do the trick. If it looks too complicated to implement, let me know and I'll help you with it.
              Meant to say at phpbb.com, sorry for that.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

tip of the day for you,
                Join as many forums in (subjects you like) as you can, post as many time as you can. have your web site in your signature. it's Naturally in peoples nature to be nosiey and see what your site is about.
                no doubt you check your stats report in c panel and that many veiwer are from vodahost. post on more forums is hard work but is worth it.
                example i have been ill for a while came back friday, done a few post on here, 41 people then veiwed my site, from vodahost.

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                  Meant to say at phpbb.com, sorry for that.
                  yes no worrys race i new waht you meant its fine im still in the proccess of doing that i want to say again how much i apreciate your help , you are one of the good guys my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
                    tip of the day for you,
                    Join as many forums in (subjects you like) as you can, post as many time as you can. have your web site in your signature. it's Naturally in peoples nature to be nosiey and see what your site is about.
                    no doubt you check your stats report in c panel and that many veiwer are from vodahost. post on more forums is hard work but is worth it.
                    example i have been ill for a while came back friday, done a few post on here, 41 people then veiwed my site, from vodahost.
                    Great tip! Thanks.

Dana

Comment

So....if I have a phpBB Forum in a sub-folder of a sub-domain so it can remain password-protected (for Associate use only, as a "semi-live" training/CRM/Sales/work enviornment) does that mean it will remain "searchable" or unprotected from rogue bots - even though the domain itself is elsewhere and only DNS>VH ???

It might be helpful it it was still "ranked" as far as content (just because anything helps to "advertise" the corporate brands/sites) even though it would deliver visitors to the front protected page.... or am I missing something about this setup? Would it still be possible for searchers to end up on the Main Forum page, bypassing the password layers?
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                        So....if I have a Forum in a sub-folder of a sub-domain so it can remain password-protected (for Associate use only, as a "semi-live" training/CRM/Sales/work enviornment) does that mean it will remain "searchable" or unprotected from rogue bots - even though the domain itself is elsewhere and only DNS>VH ???

It might be helpful it it was still "ranked" as far as content (just because anything helps to "advertise" the corporate brands/sites) even though it would deliver visitors to the front protected page.... or am I missing something about this setup? Would it still be possible for searchers to end up on the Main Forum page, bypassing the password layers if following up a 'link' that came up from a Google search on my cached content?
                        Still patiently waiting for an authorative reply from someone....

Comment

I'll try again....maybe someone can help me out......

So....if I have a Forum in a sub-folder of a sub-domain so it can remain password-protected (for Associate use only, as a "semi-live" training/CRM/Sales/work enviornment) does that mean it will remain "searchable" or unprotected from rogue bots - even though the domain itself is elsewhere and only DNS>VH ???

It might be helpful it it was still "ranked" as far as content (just because anything helps to "advertise" the corporate brands/sites, but is not necessary) even though it would deliver visitors to the front protected page.... or am I missing something about this setup? Would it still be possible for searchers to end up on the Main Forum page, bypassing the password layers if following up a 'link' that came up from a Google search on my cached content?

FYI: I now have to use duct tape to pull the rest of my hair out while I try to understand this prior to setting it up....

Comment

Here is a link to a article on making phpBB more friendly to search engines.

If you do a google search for "phpBB sid" you while find more good reading on the subject.

cheers!
                            John

Comment

Thanks, Travis.
                              Good post.

Good to see you - don't be a stranger!

Comment

Working...
                              X