Add On Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add On Domain

I have followed the tutorial and successfully made an Add On Domain name, however, i am confused about step 4 (in text under tutorial) which says you can then type in www.addondomainname.com and you will get to the the correct folder, but this doesnt work for me. Is this correct or a mistake?

i can get to via ftp and via adding it /addondomainname to my normal url. so no probs with that.
    www.hobta.co.uk

www.floridabungalow.co.uk

www.e-itstudy.com

www.gpcsystems.co.uk

Re: Add On Domain

Originally posted by Bluenose
    I have followed the tutorial and successfully made an Add On Domain name, however, i am confused about step 4 (in text under tutorial) which says you can then type in www.addondomainname.com and you will get to the the correct folder, but this doesnt work for me. Is this correct or a mistake?

i can get to via ftp and via adding it /addondomainname to my normal url. so no probs with that.
    Have you bought the domain name that you are trying to add-on?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

and are you supposed to change where it says addondomainname with the doamin name you have now ? im just curious myself as i hope to be trying the same thing soon
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
        and are you supposed to change where it says addondomainname with the doamin name you have now ? im just curious myself as i hope to be trying the same thing soon
        Yes, Allstar, you replace that bit with the domain name that you wish to add-on.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

no, havent bought the new name, just looked like you could use it according to the tutorial. Surely buying that name would be just like starting another site? why would you want it as an add on domain?
          www.hobta.co.uk

www.e-itstudy.com

www.gpcsystems.co.uk

Comment

Sorry, another question, i can set up an add on domain no problem in cpanel. I can also see it in ftp no problem.

However, when i go to publish a page to it, i change the user name and password to what it was set up as, and i also change the destination to public_html/newname, but it keeps telling me password is wrong or the folder doesnt exist. BUT IT DOES LOL, i can see it in ftp and in cpanel, i also KNOW the password is correct, any suggestions?
            www.hobta.co.uk

www.e-itstudy.com

www.gpcsystems.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X