How do I centre Images and elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I centre Images and elements

Hi this is the first time I have used Blue Voda, and I have chosen this to build our first site. We do have a site at the moment but it is designed in a flash template which is very restrictive and its on 1& 1 internet. It loads so slowly that a lot of people think its not working and due to the way 1 & 1 is set up no one on a Mac can even see it. So we need to build a site even a couple of pages and find a more mac friendly host as we do not want to alienate anyone from visiting our site just as we are about to release a CD. We also have a page at MySpace the URL is part of our signature.

I have looked on the forum for the answers to the questions that I am going to ask, but cannot seem to find the answer.

The first question is how do I centre an Image horiz & vert is the an alignment button, do I heve to do it with code, and also even when I do seem to have it in the centre in the editor when I do a preview it has moved off centre, so do I have to put images in some sort of box or form.

Will the answe to this be the same for all other elements mainly shapes at this stage.

One last question, what is the best size to design site

I would like to say thank you in advance to anyone who answers this as it would be so helpful.
    www.myspace.com/sonicspells
    www.clingmusic.co.uk

Re: How do I centre Images and elements

Greetings Cling-

Yes there are alignment tools. There is the rulers (View>rulers) that show the pixel width and length of the page with cursor trackers that follow the position of the cursor to show you exactly where your element is. Also there is the grid (Layout>Guide Settings > Show grid)- where small dots are placed to help you align things. And lastly- there is the page guide lines (Layout > Guide Settings > Show Guide borders) that puts a vertical and horizontal line to show you where your page ends -example 800 X 600.

800 X width is the perfered as it caters to the lowest common denominator, or a screen setting of 800 X 600. Even if the screen setting of your user is set larger- your site would look good and centered. Conversely- if you had it set to 1024 X 728 and your viewers screen setting was 800 X 600- then they would have to scroll from side to side which is a big
    no-no in the web world.

Hope that helps and welcome aboard!

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy thanks for the answer, but I still dont understand why when I centre them in the editor they dont seem to come out in the centre in preview so I do not know what I am doing wrong
      www.myspace.com/sonicspells
      www.clingmusic.co.uk

Comment

I would presume that you have not checked "Center in browser" in the page properties (right click page to open page properties). So- if that were the case, the images would appear centered in your work area but when you preview they will shift to the left. If my presumption is wrong- post back and we'll figure it out.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
        X