Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming pages, menu buttons & deleting pages

Questions:

1. I created and named my pages to match the menu buttons feeling they needed to match. Of course i inserted the _ between words. Must the page name match the button?

2. If i wanted to delete only one page from my site in file manager, how would i do that and include all items on that page? I experimented by deleting the html folder but it seemed it only deleted the folder and not all the items as well. Any shortcuts?

Thanks
    Robert
    www.headlandsgroup.net

Re: Naming pages, menu buttons & deleting pages

Robert-

Greetings. No- your navigation buttons do not have to match your pages.

Click the link below to watch a short video on organizing your public_html folder;
    http://www.netisopen.com/computer/VT/organize.wmv

Be very careful not to delete the public_html folder. Any folder you create on the server you can delete. Say for instance you create a "Contact" folder in your public_html folder to place your contactme.html page and all its associated pictures and php script page etc... Then one day you decide to redo the page or simply drop it from your site. You can then delete the entire "Contact" folder thus getting rid of the page and its associated files. Creating folders to hold specific pages or sections of ones website is a great way to keep organized and keep frustration down.

IF you do not seperate your pages and content in folders- then you must sift through tons of files, jpg's, gif's and html pages to delete one entire page.

Hope that helps

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Re: Naming pages, menu buttons & deleting pages

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the message.

I viewed your informative video, nice. But I dont understand where the page you show is accessed. I used the file manager folder in CP, not the FTP folder to review my uploaded pages.

Have opened the FTP folder, but have no clue how to use it and i cannot find access to the page you display on your video. One suggestion, add how to access or find that page for us morons! hahahaha!

Where do i find the page you show?

Robert

Comment

Working...
      X