PDA

View Full Version : Help Race help

allstarfaces
05-29-2006, 12:06 PM
lol i had a problem with forum so tried to fix it myself as you prob know i went from the old style which you fixed for me to have nice header etc linkin back to my website to a new one because the text was to small etc etc and i have today had to reinstall the forum from scracth so please p-lease can you help me with the header as before but for this sub silver theme i know its a pain and you must know i realy appreciate it if you do race thanks

allstarfaces
05-29-2006, 10:49 PM
help bumpety

racefan20
05-30-2006, 03:17 AM
help bumpety

You just want a new logo to apply to the sub silver theme, for the logo to link back to your main site, or both?

allstarfaces
05-30-2006, 07:45 AM
what ever you can vome up with i dont want to be cheeky you see but i think its important to have a link back to site dont you mate? i feel terrible asking but to be honest i had to re-install because i tried to do it mysel lol well i wont go into it thanks race your a pal oh lol and i havnt touched it but its gone side scroll when you veiw a post? cant find where to change this aaaggghhh lol

racefan20
05-31-2006, 06:41 AM
I'll get you hooked up soon, my friend.

racefan20
05-31-2006, 07:37 AM
How do you like this logo? Be honest, I can redo it. Click here (http://daysofblunder.com/forums/index.php)

allstarfaces
05-31-2006, 07:41 AM
lmao its great realy, you are a good fella cheers race ,sorry to trouble you its my fault for trying to do it myself and some how the file i saved i lost lol well its funny because i know you are probably mad busy with your own stuff, once again cheers see you soon mate

racefan20
05-31-2006, 07:44 AM
lmao its great realy, you are a good fella cheers race ,sorry to trouble you its my fault for trying to do it myself and some how the file i saved i lost lol well its funny because i know you are probably mad busy with your own stuff, once again cheers see you soon mate

Funny thing is that I did it before I saw you'd made it your avatar. lol Seriously, it doesn't require much effort to change this stuff, so if you want something different, just say so. I'll also be sending you a new overall_header.tpl file to solve that link issue.

allstarfaces
05-31-2006, 07:47 AM
thanks pal realy appreciate this and i wont mess with it this time , tried the forum for phpbb but realy struggled to find and make sense so i did try lol, gary@allstarfaces.com

racefan20
05-31-2006, 07:57 AM
thanks pal realy appreciate this and i wont mess with it this time , tried the forum for phpbb but realy struggled to find and make sense so i did try lol, gary@allstarfaces.com

No, no, no. Mess with it all you like - that's the only way you'll get better at this stuff. Just always remember to make copies of all files before you try to edit them.

racefan20
05-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Okay, take a peek (http://daysofblunder.com/forums/index.php) and let me know if you're happy with the way it looks and works. If you are, I'll get it in the mail.

allstarfaces
06-01-2006, 12:21 PM
lol its so good , you are without doubt my hero lol, cheers race your a good en mate

racefan20
06-02-2006, 04:28 AM
Here are your files. overall_header goes in templates/subsilver and logo_phpBB goes in templates/subsilver/images.

http://www.daysofblunder.com/allstar.zip

allstarfaces
06-02-2006, 09:40 AM
im actualy gigling to myself here lol like a big kid, thankss for that mate god you make it seem so easy. thanks a gain mate for taking the time out ot help others

racefan20
06-02-2006, 09:56 AM
im actualy gigling to myself here lol like a big kid, thankss for that mate god you make it seem so easy. thanks a gain mate for taking the time out ot help others

I've said it before and I'll say it again (but mean it this time, lol), I'm happy to help anytime I can. Glad you like it.

circuspet.com
07-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Racefan20:

I was hoping to offer my viewers a forum that would be answered by local Vets (or staff) a few hours on weekends. This program is way down the line, but I think my education should be complete before before I attempt
to start a forum. Where do I start to learn about this BV feature.

Vasili
07-23-2006, 04:58 AM
Unbelievable!
As a Major you certainly know where to find the information you need to learn about, select, properly install, and configure a Forum of your choosing!!!!!
And (adding insult to injury) since you have posted in threads discussing aspects of Forum development, you know that it is NOT a BV feature! Nor do you need to post an "SOS"

How sad!

circuspet.com
07-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Yes eric, I understand there are some new soholaunch toots. SOS, I would think of more as a ticket submission. I also can't Imagine a more erroneous posting than offering the opionion that a posting is erroneous.

Vasili
07-23-2006, 05:56 AM
Just "walking the talk," Bob!

racefan20
08-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Racefan20:

I was hoping to offer my viewers a forum that would be answered by local Vets (or staff) a few hours on weekends. This program is way down the line, but I think my education should be complete before before I attempt
to start a forum. Where do I start to learn about this BV feature.

The easiest way to learn about it is to go to Fantastico and install it, then play around with it. A phpBB forum can be very simple or very complex, both depending on what you need it to do. I've left some decent tips in this forum for customizing things, and ***** has some phpBB tutorials posted as well.

I don't stop by this forum much anymore, but you are always free to email me at racefan20n11******.com (please identify yourself) if you have specific questions about anything. I'm happy to help.

circuspet.com
08-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Racefan20:

Thanks for the Info. I have opened an add on domain with fantastico.