Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV and cube cart together

Hi
    I have added cube cart on to my control panel. The question is how will I used it with BlueVoda Website Builder? Like add product to it? If BlueVoda Website Builder is on my computer and cube cart is on the control panel.
    Thank you
    Maggie's Enterprise
    Maggie's Gift Shop

Re: BV and cube cart together

I think that Bethers has implemented cube cart so she will be able to answer
    your question when she pops in.........
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

No, sorry - I don't have Cube Cart - but Cube Cart, I believe, works like OsCommerce and the others - which means you build your store there - not in BV. If you want a cart you can use in BV, you have to use one that allows for cutting and pasting of code into BV - not one that is fully functional as a website.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

If cube cart is loaded on your site! Go to the c panel, go to the file manager in c panel & see if there is a folder with cube cart or maybe shop. Open the folder & there should be an index page some ware. This might have a .php extension. Click on it & it should show up on the right-hand side of the page. Click open file or copy & paste the URL onto the address bar. This should be the same link that you will need from your site. IE (MY SHOP) then that link.
        Hope i am right.
        Be nice to know how you get on with it as I am thinking of using this one myself.

Cheers

Chris
        PS. i would think there is an admin area someware & you should have a pass word for the shop/cart???
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you'll for the help.

Bethers which shopping Cart are you using with your store?
          and what is the cost for it? is it friendly user?

Thank you
          Thank you
          Maggie's Enterprise
          Maggie's Gift Shop

Comment

I have implemented cubecart at my site before and it is an 'all in one' store builder. i.e. you build the store with the cubecart software and the cubecart store is implemented into it automatically. As far as am aware you can't import into BV. I'm happy to be proven wrong though. Hope this helps!
            Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
            FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Mark, I don't know how I missed that last post of yours - but you know how to reach me!!! If you're still interested in the cart I'm using - you can find it here:
              www.moxie-enter-prises.com/cartmanager.html
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

osCommerce, Cube, Zen, and other true "carts" are eCommerce solutions that are stand-alone in every respect, and as such, have many wonderful features that are far more advanced than sites designed using Blue Voda or integrated with MALS.

As mentioned, Cube has a user-freindly basis to design a website with (whether you use all, some, or none of the commerce features), but the best Web Builder with eCommerce built-in is Soholaunch.....it is designed to perform using some very powerful features with a simple interface, so even novice users can be functional within minutes. Funny thing though, here in VodaLand we all get pretty used to customizing everything, and that takes a bit more commitment and focused effort, both in Soholaunch and all other carts.

Blue Voda, as mentioned above, is a website builder, and will not integrate with any of the available cart utilities other than some of the simplistic foundations such as MALS (which Bethers has used herself), and this has been the favored "first-step" away from BV for quite a while. Using Blue Voda to build your website (just as you prefer) and including MALS upon that foundation works reliably well, and is often the easiest means to include eCommerce to your website.

As a client of VodaHost, you have the opportunity to install each cart one at a time to experiement with, to test your abilities and to refine your needs and expectations. Uninstalling them is just as easy when you find that a cart is either too much or not capable according to these needs.

The VodaHost Opportunity is Unlimited - Just as Is Your Creativity!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have never used Mal's and need to say that. The solution I use, Cart Manager, is a fully professional solution recommended by one of the largest US banks to their customers with very large stores and corporate accounts. I would not say that the stand-alone carts are more advanced and in many cases I will say they are much more difficult to work with and unless you know programming or are willing to pay someone to continually upgrade and program for you - you'll never be able to use many of the functions on those "stand-alone" carts.

I actually moved TO BV from the integrated shopping cart solutions (I was using a cart that cost good money and had almost every possible variable) and looked at OSCommerce, Zen and Cube Cart (actually built in Soho and dropped it) and moved to BV and Cart Manager because I find this method to be more preferable for me - and will, most likely, for many years to come.

And I do prefer that it allows me the freedom to build with a website builder and without the need for an integrated "package" which I do not find better - simply different.

I also do not feel my way is "easier" - however it does give me the most creative ability which is something I very much wanted.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sorry about that Beth.....I suppose I confused your use of CM with Amanda using MALS?
                    Nonetheless, these two commerce solutions have successfully been integrated by many VH clients who prefer to utilitze the design and creative control of their websites by creating them in Blue Voda and adding the commerce abilities of these two commerce utilities, as I stated above.

However, there are indeed many wonderfully designed websites that have been created in both Soholaunch and Cube that have not had the features for commerce "turned on" and which remain the basis for my intrigue with Cube for that very reason....I am personally very interested in a php based site (for various reasons) and still have a solid foundation and a proven User-friendly interface.

And, most "shopping carts" are advanced for many specific reasons (all based on the features and functions written into them like Search and database relations), yet have nothing to do with the ability of users! That is why I suggest each take the time to tinker with different solutions, to discover the abilities of the utilities (that rhymes!) and to establish the element I believe influences so much: the commitment, which will either motivate the learning process into a proficinecy, or intimidate into paralysis.

My reply in Post #8 above was my effort to get past any personal preferences to present valid options to valid questions with fact and proven expertise. That is what peer-to-peer conselling is all about, isn't it?
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili, I agree with this last post but in your previous post you did show personal preference and stated:
                      "have many wonderful features that are far more advanced than sites designed using Blue Voda or integrated with MALS."

I was simply reacting to that statement as I do not believe that using a free cart provided by CubeCart or OSCommerce or Zen or any of the others, simply because they are driven by a catalog driven system, makes them any better - they are simply different. What might make one better than another are the options they have available to them - not the platform. The platform is a personal choice.

And I will also say that those same free carts I mentioned above may be and are superior to many carts I have seen which people are paying for.

I am totally in favor of people doing their own homework to find the best solution for them. And I never tell anyone that my solution is the one they should use. Karen can attest to that - as between us we've looked at and tried more carts than I want to think about - and have come up with different solutions for our own stores.

I'm very glad for all the options available - and I will try hard to stay away from a "cookie cutter" template for as long as I can - and that's what I find with the catalog driven shopping carts. I've always liked to follow a different drummer and at my age now I'm not about to change that :)
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth and Vasili. The light bulbs are going on all around my head...lol Finally found out what I have been needing to know about the different shopping carts and what each is and does. Now, will check each out in BV to see how I like them. Will check out the CartManager to see how that looks. I also want to keep them seperate.
                        I like the WYSIWYG
                        km5tq
                        GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                        www.jewelsheritage.net
                        Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Comment

goodness...sorry
                          somehow I submitted the above message before finishing it.
                          As I mentioned, I like to work in something like BV, Dreamweaver 8 or Frontpage 2003. I'm familiar with them. Just need a shopping cart solution to handle what I need to do...even if I have to pay extra for it.
                          km5tq
                          GOD BLESS AMERICA!
                          www.jewelsheritage.net
                          Cunningham-Staggs-Brown-Moore-Bristow-Jackson..just a few I'm researching

Comment

If you want a dreamweaver cart, go here..

I built two sites in this.. you still have a database, but you control the template, can make static pages on just about everything you want, except for the actual product insertion.. (i digress here) all with dreamweaver.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Once again, my little round head is spinning. Ok, I've been testing BV. I really like it. I also tested SoHo which I don't like at all because I can't see what I'm doing until I preview it. So, for me, BV is the way. Now, my question is, does the horse or cart come first ? What I mean is. Since you can build your store in BV before you actually pay for it, should I be building my store, www.thejollytinker.com in bv or directly into a shopping cart? I plan to go with SoHo for hosting and that comes with zen and oscommerce, but I guess you can't get into those until you actually sign up with soho right? So, I'm saying that I'm not sure where to start here. I already have an established site with another host and want to move it, but have no idea where to start. Would really appreciate help. Thanks everyone. Love this forum. Been reading my brains out in here. Duhhh!!

Susan
                              WWW.THEJOLLYTINKER.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X