PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Page content does not fit to all screen sizes. Page Size and Layout

hanif
05-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Pls Pls pls help me someone.

I have designed a webpage and when you resize the page as in where the minimize,maximise and close buttons are. when you move to the edge of the browser window and see the arriws to adjust the size, the page does not seem to resize

If u get what i mean.

For Example: if you got to **************and adjust the size of the browser window the content inside the webpage moves (adjusts) to fit the screen.

and then if you go to my website ****************and try to resize the window, the page content does not seem to move.

people with smaller screen sizes may have to scroll this way >>>>>> at the bottom to see the otherstuff.

I know this has to do with tables or somethink. If anyone can solve this problem it would be much appreciated.

Thank You For Your Help.

Hanif.

allstarfaces
05-30-2006, 09:41 PM
not quite sure as to what you are trying to acheive here
i set my webpages in b.v page properties to 800 width x 600 height this way it will fit most pc screens
i had a look at your site 17" monitor and there was a massive gap to the left?
have you tried to centre pages?

hanif
05-30-2006, 10:20 PM
not quite sure as to what you are trying to acheive here
i set my webpages in b.v page properties to 800 width x 600 height this way it will fit most pc screens
i had a look at your site 17" monitor and there was a massive gap to the left?
have you tried to centre pages?

thanks for your help but how do i centre evrything? on bv.

allstarfaces
05-30-2006, 10:23 PM
right click on the page , go to properties ther in the left hand bottom corner there is a small box centre in browser

hanif
05-30-2006, 10:27 PM
oh right let me see....
pls stay on standby

allstarfaces
05-30-2006, 10:49 PM
but why would any one ever resize there screen to fit the site i certainly have never done that
if you follow the guidelines you have been given here and in the other thread you posted in then you wont go wrong
its not the screen size in internet explorer etc thats to be changed here its the webpage you have made

VodaHost
05-30-2006, 11:08 PM
You must center your page before you build it not afterwards.

1) Open a fresh page
2) Right click for page properties.
3) Click center in browser.

Do this first!

hanif
06-03-2006, 11:56 AM
thanks vodahost man, it works, i think

volvette179
06-28-2006, 12:00 PM
What do you do if you have already built the pages. Do you have to start over or can you create a new page and then copy?

racefan20
06-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Depends on your pages. If they're fairly close to the size you need, copying is fine. If they're way oversized, you'll need to rebuild them.

volvette179
06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks. I will need to rebuild them as they are way to big. Thanks for your help.

volvette179
06-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Went back in and resized the index page to 800x600. Reized the background picture as well. Now when i publish i have a white border on the left and it is not centered and it still appears to be to big. The site is www.tricitiescorvetteclub.com (http://www.tricitiescorvetteclub.com). Help! Thanks
Rick

racefan20
06-28-2006, 01:32 PM
You can't just tell BV to publish a page within certain parameters and page sizes, you have to make sure all the elements of the page are within those parameters. If anything is outside them, it will stretch the page. For a guide, in BV, click View and enable grid and rulers - that will give you a nice workspace to make it easier.

volvette179
06-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanks. I will give that a try.
Rick

Christopher Peter Gaffee
06-28-2006, 07:35 PM
I have signed in now,but do not seem to be able to see anything. Christoher Peter

Christopher Peter Gaffee
06-28-2006, 07:45 PM
I thought there was a quick reply to my question above and I am running short of time and have to move on, please e-mail me.Christopher

choco777
06-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Seems to work for me. I tried all the links, all work
it is centered. 1280x1024 is centered

Girlonthehill
06-28-2006, 10:03 PM
I have signed in now,but do not seem to be able to see anything. Christoher Peter

We are not mind readers!

What have you signed in to? What are you expecting to see? Do you have an URL? How can you possibly be emailed without an email address?

Please open your own thread in the appropriate forum and ask your question clearly. We can only help if you give us some information to begin with.