Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Page content does not fit to all screen sizes. Page Size and Layout

Pls Pls pls help me someone.

I have designed a webpage and when you resize the page as in where the minimize,maximise and close buttons are. when you move to the edge of the browser window and see the arriws to adjust the size, the page does not seem to resize

If u get what i mean.

For Example: if you got to **************and adjust the size of the browser window the content inside the webpage moves (adjusts) to fit the screen.

and then if you go to my website ****************and try to resize the window, the page content does not seem to move.

people with smaller screen sizes may have to scroll this way >>>>>> at the bottom to see the otherstuff.

I know this has to do with tables or somethink. If anyone can solve this problem it would be much appreciated.

Thank You For Your Help.

Hanif.
    Last edited by VodaHost; 05-30-2006, 11:06 PM.

Re: HELP! Page content does not fit to all screen sizes. Page Size and Layout

not quite sure as to what you are trying to acheive here
    i set my webpages in b.v page properties to 800 width x 600 height this way it will fit most pc screens
    i had a look at your site 17" monitor and there was a massive gap to the left?
    have you tried to centre pages?
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
      not quite sure as to what you are trying to acheive here
      i set my webpages in b.v page properties to 800 width x 600 height this way it will fit most pc screens
      i had a look at your site 17" monitor and there was a massive gap to the left?
      have you tried to centre pages?
      thanks for your help but how do i centre evrything? on bv.

Comment

right click on the page , go to properties ther in the left hand bottom corner there is a small box centre in browser

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

oh right let me see....
          pls stay on standby

Comment

but why would any one ever resize there screen to fit the site i certainly have never done that
            if you follow the guidelines you have been given here and in the other thread you posted in then you wont go wrong
            its not the screen size in internet explorer etc thats to be changed here its the webpage you have made

Comment

You must center your page before you build it not afterwards.

1) Open a fresh page
              2) Right click for page properties.
              3) Click center in browser.

Do this first!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks vodahost man, it works, i think

Comment

What do you do if you have already built the pages. Do you have to start over or can you create a new page and then copy?

Comment

Depends on your pages. If they're fairly close to the size you need, copying is fine. If they're way oversized, you'll need to rebuild them.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks. I will need to rebuild them as they are way to big. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Went back in and resized the index page to 800x600. Reized the background picture as well. Now when i publish i have a white border on the left and it is not centered and it still appears to be to big. The site is www.tricitiescorvetteclub.com. Help! Thanks
                        Rick

Comment

You can't just tell BV to publish a page within certain parameters and page sizes, you have to make sure all the elements of the page are within those parameters. If anything is outside them, it will stretch the page. For a guide, in BV, click View and enable grid and rulers - that will give you a nice workspace to make it easier.
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks. I will give that a try.
                            Rick

Comment

I have signed in now,but do not seem to be able to see anything. Christoher Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X