Google search finds THIS forum, not my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google search finds THIS forum, not my site

I have finished most of the pages on my site. I have had it online for a few days as a work in progress, so I thought I would try to google it. The only thing that came up was a goofy comment from me in THIS forum (see: Oh where oh where has my website gone!). Well, I am doing this as a favor for a friend and was horrified that my whining might be forever attached to it. Any ideas how to fix this? (BTW, I don't want to list my URL because it will happen again...but it's on the other post.)

Re: Google search finds THIS forum, not my site

Sorry! www.wildedgeconservationscience.org is the site. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by vodayoda
      I have finished most of the pages on my site. I have had it online for a few days as a work in progress, so I thought I would try to google it. The only thing that came up was a goofy comment from me in THIS forum (see: Oh where oh where has my website gone!). Well, I am doing this as a favor for a friend and was horrified that my whining might be forever attached to it. Any ideas how to fix this? (BTW, I don't want to list my URL because it will happen again...but it's on the other post.)
      It can take weeks, even a month or two for Google to index your website. Meanwhile you should check out the SE forum where you will find loads of really helpful advice about optimising your site so that it stands a better chance of getting indexed and done properly. Also with any new VH acct you are antitled to a once only free submission to all the major SEs. You need to submit a support ticket and request this service.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, that is my next area to tackle...that and email. Actually I think you already gave me some good advice (which I have saved) when I tackle the SE project. What I was wondering but did not state clearly, is it is possible to remove the link to the forum post? I don't know if it is a breach of forum use to delete things after a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by vodayoda
          Yes, that is my next area to tackle...that and email. Actually I think you already gave me some good advice (which I have saved) when I tackle the SE project. What I was wondering but did not state clearly, is it is possible to remove the link to the forum post? I don't know if it is a breach of forum use to delete things after a bit?
          Just let it ride. As the site gains visits from the search engines, the reference to the post here will fade into the background. Also remember the words of the one of the greatest stock car drivers of all time, Dale Earnhardt: "Whether they're cheering you or booing you, they're paying attention to you. Any publicity is a good thing."
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

LOL! Yes, you're right. Onward...

Comment

Hey! I'm a Sergeant! :)

Comment

Working...
              X