This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The VH Support Team

A few of the regulars here saw Amanda's thread a few days back about a great day and a miracle having occurred and were curious as to what she was getting at. I'm here to clear that up.

One evening late last week, I was making some changes on my forum, as I often do. As part of these changes, I had to alter a database table which is no big deal because I have to do it all the time. The difference is that in the past, I've always made backups of all files before editing them just as I regularly recommend to anyone who wants to make changes to his/her forum.

This time, I got in a hurry, didn't make any backups and wound up somehow deleting the 'posts' table from my forum. One table doesn't sound like much, but that one table contained all 20,000+ posts ever made on that forum since its debut last July. I tried to repair on my own, but having no backups, I was screwed.

Remembering a post from VodaHost web hosting back in January, I submitted a support ticket and asked for a complete site restore. A little later, I received an email from a support team member saying the issue should be fixed, but it wasn't - the forum still showed no posts. With that having failed, I posted to my friend Naval and asked him to let VodaHost know that I was having major issues.

Naval emailed to let me know he'd passed the info on to VodaHost and a short time later, I got a phone call from General VodaHost himself. We went over a few things and he did what he could, but he confessed that it was beyond his realm to fix this as I'd really messed it up. He promised he'd have a top member of the team look at it as soon as that member showed up for work, which was to be in about 6 hours from the time we talked.

I got home from work about 10 hours after we'd talked, and it was still broken. I had an email from General VodaHost asking if it was resolved and all I could say was, "no, it's not". Some members of my forum, one being Amanda, began posting, figuring that all was lost and we'd have to just start over.

I tell you all, I went to bed with a heavy heart that night. I'd poured blood, sweat and tears into making that forum what it was, and all had been lost. Over 20,000 jokes, laughs, news posts, requests for comfort in tough times and just instances of people interacting with people and having fun doing it went POOF! Gone FOREVER.

When I logged onto my pc the next day, I had an email from General VodaHost saying he thought all was fixed and asking me to take a look. I looked and it was indeed fixed! I was so amazed to see that it was right back to the way it had been before I messed it up that it brought a tear to my eye.

Being on an earlier time zone than me, Amanda was already aware that it was fixed and since she knew how upset I was over my stupid mistake, she created the thread about a great day. She balked at going to bed when others said she should because she wanted to be awake when I logged on and saw that it was okay. I want to thank Amanda for all her support through that and trust me, she was persistent because I was seriously pissed at myself and didn't want to hear any words of encouragement. She would have none of that.

I also want to thank my friend Naval for getting involved and passing the info along.

But most of all, I want to thank YOU, General VodaHost. Not just for the personal phone call - which meant a lot to me - but the concerted effort to get it fixed, even though you had no obligation to fix it. It was my fault and you could have easily told me that there was nothing you could do and I would have understood. But you didn't. You worked on it until it was right, and I am grateful.

My forum members are grateful as well, and some took the time to participate in this thread, which is dedicated to you. (Please don't get mad at Dr. Checkers - he's really bad with names. lol) Click here

Thanks again, General VodaHost. I'll try to write a shorter version of this to post in the pre-sales area for anyone with questions about the support offered here.
    My NASCAR Forum

Re: ***** and the VH Support Team

This was Amanda's thread, in case anyone was wondering: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/vod...great-day.html
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

What a wonderful story. And good advice! Especially for someone like me that likes to tick first ask later!...Thank you for telling it. And congrats!

Comment

Nice, Racefan!!

Thanks again to LTGM and his merry band of VodaPeeps

You are very welcome, my friend, for the teeny weeny part I played. Lol. It was an awesome day - I was nearly busrting! LOL

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Race:

Great story.....Great service.....Great people.

thats why I am proud to be a member of this great group.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

ditto ditto ditto well said you lot
            The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
            Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Just doing my job

Thanks for the kind words...
              Last edited by VodaHost; 06-01-2006, 03:27 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That is a great story, this place is the best.
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

What a wonderful story.

I'm on and off here in a hurry lately - since my access is less - but am so glad that I read this. I know that Voda is great - and this forum and the people here are fantastic. I'm so glad to be a part of it all.

Thank you all.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your story racefan. What a great group of people here. I just wish I could be around more often. Thank you ***** and Vodahost for making racefan and happy man again!!
                    Cindy
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Blimey that is what I call service *****! Your a top bloke.
                      Racefan I can feel your relief from here.

Comment

Again, I too have to repeat myself...
                        I am very proud to be a part of the VodaHOST, and my generals are indeed very worthy.
                        (My fellow officers are pretty great too, and I'll not forget the thoughtfulness of George, Brad, Sarah, Laurel, Stacey, Leo, and all the others that continually set the bar!)
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I say this about Blue Voda as a website builder and host. I have had my share of problems as of late. I was hacked and smacked around like crazy. These things natural happen on the web.

But that as it may I am shocked and spell bound by the level of support I received from the BV team. I have never enjoyed such great support and level of comfort on any other hosting company.

The business I am in is a highly competitive one, so is the market for hosting companies. Blue Voda is above the crowd by a huge margin. In september I will be doing a lecture on seo in Vegas. I will be sure to mention what an excellent hosting company I have.

Kudos for racefan20 a stand up fellow and good friend!! Keep up the good work BV you will dominate this market.

pet121

Comment

Awww...what an awesome thing to do VH team. THanks Race for sharing and I gotta say this is the best place with a great group of people. General VodaHost and his team have really made this a truly exceptional experience for everyone. GREAT JOB General VodaHost & THE REST OF THE VH TEAM.
                            Beezz
                            sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm bumping this thread because I want to make sure all the people looking in and thinking about using VH see how helpful General VodaHost and his team are.
                              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X