Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SEO Benefits Of Interlinking All Your Web Pages

The SEO Benefits Of Interlinking All Your Web Pages
    Many webmasters spend a lot of time optimizing their home page only.

They do this by optimizing onpage factors like H1 tags, title, keyword density, alt tags, etc, and offpage factors like the number and quality of inward links from other sites.

That's fine and is something you should definitely do, but you should also take some time to optimize all of your inner web pages as well.
    This is because if you can get a good pagerank for all of your inner pages, as well as your home page, it increases the chances of these pages being ranked highly in the search engines for their chosen keywords, and increases the number of visitors you could get.

So how do you achieve this?
    Well firstly I recommend that all of your main web pages are just one click away from your home page.
    You should have a well-structured navigation menu on your home page.
    Each link within the menu should be an anchor text link containing your main keyword(s).
    For example, let's say you had an inner page about hair loss.
    Now you may have done keyword research and found the term "hair loss" to be too competitive, so let's say you have decided to optimize your web page for the less competitive term "male hair loss".
    In this example, your link from the navigation menu should be "male hair loss" rather than "hair loss".

You can dramatically enhance this interlinking structure and boost the pagerank of your inner web pages further by including this navigation menu on all of your inner web pages.

This means that all of your main inner web pages are always just one click away and will dramatically boost the number of inward links that each page has.
    This can be very powerful because with higher pagerank and more links comes higher search engine rankings, but surprisingly is something that many so-called SEO experts fail to recognise.

Another way of achieving this effect if you do not want to include a navigation menu on every page is by including a link tree on every one of your inner pages.
    These are those links that you often find at the bottom of pages, and are again a very good way of interlinking your web pages.

As before, be sure to include your main keyword(s) within each link.

I personally include a left-hand navigation menu on all of my websites, as well as a link tree at the bottom of each web page.
    This ensures not only that each page of each site has the maximum number of internal inward links, which boosts my pagerank and search engine rankings, but also ensures that the visitors to the site are always just one click away from each main page of the site.

This is important if they enter at one of your inner pages, because often they will then want to navigate to the home page.

To conclude, to rank highly in the search engines, you should focus on on-page optimization, and more so off-page optimization.

Just as every inward link to your site from another website acts as a vote for your site, and boosts your pagerank and search engine rankings, a link from another page within your site also acts as a vote and will also have a positive effect on your ranking.

A good interlinking structure within your site will ensure that every page is fully optimized and has the optimum number of links from your other pages allowing you to rank higher for all of your inner pages as well as your home page.

About the Author: James Woolley is a successful marketer who has several money-making sites in various niches. His latest site is a free internet marketing resource guide, which also includes a newsletter filled with free tips and bonuses.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Re: The SEO Benefits Of Interlinking All Your Web Pages

A very good idea
    Bruce Hewitt
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
    IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
    http://www.thebabydolls.biz
    bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Thank you David for sharing this article with us. Also give us the site of the author of this article.

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
        The SEO Benefits Of Interlinking All Your Web Pages
        Many webmasters spend a lot of time optimizing their home page only.

They do this by optimizing onpage factors like H1 tags, title, keyword density, alt tags, etc, and offpage factors like the number and quality of inward links from other sites.

That's fine and is something you should definitely do, but you should also take some time to optimize all of your inner web pages as well.
        This is because if you can get a good pagerank for all of your inner pages, as well as your home page, it increases the chances of these pages being ranked highly in the search engines for their chosen keywords, and increases the number of visitors you could get.

So how do you achieve this?
        Well firstly I recommend that all of your main web pages are just one click away from your home page.
        You should have a well-structured navigation menu on your home page.
        Each link within the menu should be an anchor text link containing your main keyword(s).
        For example, let's say you had an inner page about hair loss.
        Now you may have done keyword research and found the term "hair loss" to be too competitive, so let's say you have decided to optimize your web page for the less competitive term "male hair loss".
        In this example, your link from the navigation menu should be "male hair loss" rather than "hair loss".

You can dramatically enhance this interlinking structure and boost the pagerank of your inner web pages further by including this navigation menu on all of your inner web pages.

This means that all of your main inner web pages are always just one click away and will dramatically boost the number of inward links that each page has.
        This can be very powerful because with higher pagerank and more links comes higher search engine rankings, but surprisingly is something that many so-called SEO experts fail to recognise.

Another way of achieving this effect if you do not want to include a navigation menu on every page is by including a link tree on every one of your inner pages.
        These are those links that you often find at the bottom of pages, and are again a very good way of interlinking your web pages.

As before, be sure to include your main keyword(s) within each link.

I personally include a left-hand navigation menu on all of my websites, as well as a link tree at the bottom of each web page.
        This ensures not only that each page of each site has the maximum number of internal inward links, which boosts my pagerank and search engine rankings, but also ensures that the visitors to the site are always just one click away from each main page of the site.

This is important if they enter at one of your inner pages, because often they will then want to navigate to the home page.

To conclude, to rank highly in the search engines, you should focus on on-page optimization, and more so off-page optimization.

Just as every inward link to your site from another website acts as a vote for your site, and boosts your pagerank and search engine rankings, a link from another page within your site also acts as a vote and will also have a positive effect on your ranking.

A good interlinking structure within your site will ensure that every page is fully optimized and has the optimum number of links from your other pages allowing you to rank higher for all of your inner pages as well as your home page.

About the Author: James Woolley is a successful marketer who has several money-making sites in various niches. His latest site is a free internet marketing resource guide, which also includes a newsletter filled with free tips and bonuses.
        thanks.. man.. i ll remind myself to try out your advice when i improve my site..

Comment

So my homepage should have links to all pages. In my case I want readers to be able to access certain pages as price,detailed itinerary etc only from pleminary Intinerary page. I have the same links on every page plus a few , will add them to other pages as well. take my links for insurance etc. and put the on a links page and have all pages linked to that, instead of only the home page. If you are still reading and awake, and understand. tell me, i'am I right.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

This is still good advice 2 years on...............
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Nice bump David. Good post.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi!
                I've just come across this post and have read it with a lot of interest!

A week or two ago I posted asking for some criticism on my revamped site and among the replies was this comment -

"none of your pages appear to be linked anywhere except the menu bar which the SE's can't read ....so need good text linking"

I was a bit confused as I do have links scattered throughout the site
                eg : links to the children's page, animal page & pitch & putt page from the facilities page: links to the availability pages & booking page from the tariffs page: individual links to the cottages from the cottages page etc etc All pages have the same nav bar including pages which don't feature on the bar itself.

I asked for an explanation but unfortunately didn't get a specific reply.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick and am I missing something?

Also the alt tags on the nav bar - how are these meant to be used?

Thanks for any replies.
                Elena

Dordogne holiday cottages

Comment

From what I could see, your internal links are OK, you even have a good site map.

Alt tags provide a short description of any image which, if visitors have images turned off, display the text only. SE's read these as well.

You may want to have a look at, and tweek, your page description and keywords, as they both can be improved.

Here is a quick overview of your site:

Meta tags report for: http://www.lescrouquets.net
                  meta tag length value
                  Title: 25 dordogne holiday cottages
                  Description: 160 self catering holiday cottages near Sarlat in the Dordogne region of france with swimming pool,private pitch and putt course and plenty to do for all the family
                  Keywords: 121 french holidays,self catering cottages,dordogne,family holiday france,dordogne holiday cottages,cottages with pools,gites
                  Robots: 18 index, follow, All

Meta tags analysis.
                  Title: Title contains no errors.
                  This tag contains 25 characters.
                  Title relevancy to page content is excellent.
                  The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.
                  Description: Description meta tag contains no errors.
                  This tag contains 160 characters.
                  Description meta tag relevancy to page content is very good.
                  The Description meta tag relevancy to page content is 89%.
                  Keywords: Keywords meta tag contains no errors.
                  This tag contains 12 keywords and 121 characters.
                  Keywords meta tag relevancy to page content is good.
                  The keywords meta tag relevancy to page content is 75%.
                  Robots: The Robots meta tag contains no errors.
                  This tag contains 18 characters.

Web page analysis.
                  The size of the web page.
                  The size of the web page is 17312 bytes.
                  The web page load time.
                  The web page load time is less than 1 second.

Good luck with your Bookings.................................
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

thanks david for this info
                    that's I'm doing right now with every page on my site just one click away from the visitors.And also out of 16 url in my sitemap google had index 12 url.My site is only 1mo. old,I'm working now on off-page optimization w/c I found very difficult.Thanks again
                    Make Money Online Thru Teamwork
                    The Network Garage
                    Online Business Tips
                    Lakers Fans

Comment

Working...
                    X