Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-part question

Hi all,

I've chosen the fantastico scripts I will need for my forums, polls, and blogs; and have installed them:

phpbb2, phpSurveyor, & wordpress

I also figured out that BlueVoda would be better for what I need than Soholauncher. However, I am still confused by a few things:

1. I see that you can potentially manage your files with several methods - FTP, Control Panel, or use of Joomla/Mambo, etc. However they all seem a bit slow in terms of file management/speed uploading compared to Dreamweaver (which I have used in the past to make simple pages).

Can I build pages from scratch using BlueVoda & BlueVoda templates but manage the files (and possibly edit them) in Dreamweaver?

2. Since I have only created simple pages and never done forums, blogs, or surveys, I need to know:

-Would I create e.g., my blog pages in wordpress, and then just link to them (will blogs created in wordpress have their own URLs)? Or would I have to somehow take a script (?) for the wordpress blog and paste it into a BlueVoda page?

My concern with use of the third party software is how much control I can have in making the page appearance consistent with my home page. I'd rather not make the user feel as if they are going to another website.

Also I apologize for putting this in the Fantastico forum - wasn't sure where else to. :)

Thanks again - in advance,

TS

Re: Multi-part question

Please ignore question 1 above - I figured out that BlueFTP actually can upload multiple files - I won't need Dreamweaver.

I am still unsure about #2 though - how to make third party blogs/forums have the same look as my home page (and remove the phpbb2 logo, replace with my own)..

And..how do you edit or delete one of your own posts in this forum? lol :)

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Americankiwi
      Please ignore question 1 above - I figured out that BlueFTP actually can upload multiple files - I won't need Dreamweaver.

I am still unsure about #2 though - how to make third party blogs/forums have the same look as my home page (and remove the phpbb2 logo, replace with my own)..

And..how do you edit or delete one of your own posts in this forum? lol :)

Thanks again
      You just need to look around and find styles or themes for your forum, blogs, etc that have a similar feel as your site. phpbb.com and phpbbstyles.com are great sources of themes for your forum, and I'm pretty sure there are plenty of themes available at wordpress as well.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I'll have a look at those sites - really, as long as I can remove the large phpbb logo at the top left, and put my own logo and/or header graphic on somehow..either way..

Comment

Originally posted by Americankiwi
          I'll have a look at those sites - really, as long as I can remove the large phpbb logo at the top left, and put my own logo and/or header graphic on somehow..either way..

The logo is easy. Just use any graphics software to open or create whatever you want to use to replace the logo (try not to exceed 250X150 in size), save it as logo_phpBB.gif and upload it to your forum/templates/subsilver/images folder.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Cool - Thanks for letting me know, Racefan :)

TS

Comment

Working...
            X