search engines finding me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search engines finding me

I have at last completed my website now all I have to do is let people know I am here, I've just started reading up on meta tags, keywords etc.
    I am offering services to a general area so forgive me for sounding dumb but would that mean on every page I would have to have that specific area on my page?

Re: search engines finding me

Yes - every page is different so the meta information for each page should be different to reflect THAT particular page.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

so in my case I'm offering my services in Newcastle but haven't got Newcastle on any of the pages, so would it be a good idea to put my area (newcastle) on every page?
      I could put it in under my page header?

www.top-2-toe.com

Comment

It doesn't have to be on every page - you need to optimize different pages for different terms - but if you want to be found if someone is searching for your service in Newcastle - you need to either optimize onsite (include it on the page and in the title) or off-site (use linking text with Newcastle and your other top keywords for the service) or, best yet, a combination of the two.

Again - do not try to optimize every page for the same words - you'll have a lot more success if you work with different words/phrases on different pages. Now, if you offer different services - and want all to be optimized mainly for Newcastle - then, yes, you could include it on every page. - One way would be to put your location name and address in your header or footer.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X