Created purposely for Lindas 800W screen! -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Created purposely for Lindas 800W screen! -

This is a site that I have been given a chance to do Thanks to VH ranking system! After coming up to Lieutenant Colonel I was able to disconnect my restoration site from my notecards and framed photograph site...lol..to now which is MORE work to clean that up!...lol..fun never ends!
    I hope this new site has proven that I in fact can learn!
    ok - well, Im still working on the photo upload section. But I think I can do that on my own without having to ask yet again for assistance!...lol
    I introduce:
    Old Faded Memories
    www.oldfadedmemories.com

ok - Lincs Im waiting for an email ... lol.

Re: Created purposely for Lindas 800W screen! -

Kate,
    You did a wonderful job as you always do. I'm not just speaking of your website either, the photos are just great.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
      This is a site that I have been given a chance to do Thanks to VH ranking system! After coming up to Lieutenant Colonel I was able to disconnect my restoration site from my notecards and framed photograph site...lol..to now which is MORE work to clean that up!...lol..fun never ends!
      I hope this new site has proven that I in fact can learn!
      ok - well, Im still working on the photo upload section. But I think I can do that on my own without having to ask yet again for assistance!...lol
      I introduce:
      Old Faded Memories
      www.oldfadedmemories.com

ok - Lincs Im waiting for an email ... lol.

Wahey!!! by george i think she's got it! lol ....no sideways scroll :o)

Its fabulous Kate! ...well done my friend...good job and the site aint bad either lol

Just kiddin ;o)

I was looking at your restoration site last night actually ...the old one....your a woman of many talents i must say...the difference in the photo's is amazing.
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Congratulations Kate!

You've done a splendid job. It's easy to use, loads quickly and looks great. It shows of your newly learned skills nicely! Your samples are stunning too.

Way to go and good luck!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Sharron,Linda and Amanda!
          yes I did use the skills Ive learned here! And as knowing myself I know that I never could have done it without everyone here!...This place is fabulous!...gotta get that script thing down tho...now what would navel say - STOP CHANGING THINGS!!!!...lol..Im still working on it..dont dare ask until Ive given it my all!....lol

Comment

YES!!!!! NAVEL! I DID IT!
            I took the script, slowely went thru the old thread. and the one tiny thing I had forgotten to do was to add the "uploads" folder...cool beans! It works! like a charm!

Comment

Kate: I have a question, maybe you can answer. I notice alot of people put the Ads by google on their home page sites. Why is that? Why would you want someone that gets to you business, click off and go to another that does the same thing as you? I'm just curious what benefit you get from having them click off your site? Your site looks great. I have an old photo, that I may want to talk with you about. Thanks
              Cindy
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Good point Cindy ..must remember that
                Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Well Cindy my theory is someone is looking at google they arent looking at me any way, so I dont feel Im loosing much. And if there was something that sparked their interest they will come back.
                  Google adsense is just a way to make some chump change just by having visitors do just that. Heres the link as they can explain it much better than I!
                  https://www.google.com/adsense/
                  I dont expect to get rich but I do make money off it..

Comment

Ok, I see, so you do derive some benefit from having them on your site. If you don't think people in general are looking at you, why not? If you have gone to all the work, time and expense to create a beautiful website and have a great service to offer, why wouldn't they look at you?

For example. When I clicked on your website, I thought, WOW what a great idea. I have an old family photo I would like restored and here is Kate, able to do that. Then I clicked on the google ad page and guess what...there is a website of a company right here in Colorado Springs, CO that does the same thing. So I'm now thinking to myself....ummmm. Now I won't use Kate, when there is someone right here and actually just a few miles away.

So...Which way would Kate have made more money? By my clicking to someone else's site and having them do the work....or.....if I had contacted Kate and hired her to do the restoration of my photo???

I'm probably beating this into the ground, but I really am trying to make sense of this google stuff.
                    Cindy
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Yes Cindy - you have a very valid point. Competition is always out there. As a general most would go to their own town and find this type of service, I know I would. Much easier to do business and they are at hands touch if there is an issue...Ive only begun to discover the google adsense, so Im by no means an authority on it, but I do believe you can control the ads to be a non competitive ad. I was going to look into that at one time, then thought that well, by advertising competition Im saying "Im among a wealth of professionals, and I think my service is better and Im secure enough to list them right here!"...so Im still in a personal cunundrum over that.
                      Now that you have put it so bluntly..lol...could say you floored me lady!..lol..nah..just jokin' -- but you do make sense and I have thought about it the same manner, but for me at this time I think that having the extra exposure is a good thing..and of course I show up on someone elses site, so whos to say that someone wouldnt click on me and say well she may be a distance away, but I like what I see and her prices are more than reasonable....and Look at that smile! a smile you can trust!....lol
                      good debate my friend!

Comment

Thanks Kate...You to make a lot of sense. I think I will investigate google adsense a little bit, because in my case it could prove to be worthwhile. I guess there are pro's and con's to both sides. I really didn't try to be so blunt, just trying to figure out the benefits. Thanks again for the info!! And yes, that is a smile I could trust. LOL
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

No no, just jokin on the blunt thing...You raised very good points. I had thought the same in the back of my head, but with absolutely no petty cash I do all my own advertising, and hoped that going with google adsense it would give me some "couch change"...lol..Ill look into the non-competitive ads today. I belive I saw that. I was more concentrating on how and what to put on my site and looking for hex numbers to create the colors I wanted and had wanted to go back and check into that, so you are a good influence! Get me on my toes!...lol
                          Yea, lol, big teethy look at me smiles!....lol

Comment

Here ya go darlin'! Found it!...cool beans!
                            https://www.google.com/support/adsen...ui&medium=link

Competitive Ad Filters
                            Google AdSense provides the functionality to block specific ads from appearing on your pages. Although Google ads are highly targeted to the content of your page, there may be situations in which you don't want to display particular advertisements -­ for example, you may wish to block ads leading to competitors' sites.
                            The competitive ad filter works by blocking ads that link to specific URLs. This way, you can easily block all ads that are linked to your competitor at www.example.com. By entering a top level domain such as www.example.com, you'll also block all ads that link to subdirectories below that domain. The following rules apply to the competitive ad filter:
                            • Entering example.com will block ads to example.com and example.com/sub
                            • Entering example.com will also block ads to www.example.com and forums.example.com
                            • www.example.com will block ads to www.example.com but not to forums.example.com or example.com
                            • example.com/sub will not block ads to example.com/products or example.com/sub/index.html

Looks like a good idea!.

Comment

Ok, that is better if you can do some filtering of the competition. I'll check it out!! Thanks Kate!
                              Cindy
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                              X