PDA

View Full Version : Where do my emails go?

corinnelane
06-02-2006, 03:48 PM
I set up a 'holding' page when I registered my domain and it has an email link on it.

How do I collect them?

Andy128
06-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Well- lets say you your domain name is "mydomain" and you set up an e-mail corinne@mydomain.com

Then to access you would type;
mydomain.com/webmail and then this would bring up a user name and password box. Here you would type;
user- corinne@mydomain.com
password- "what ever password you set up"

And that would take you to your Voda Host webmail- either horde, neo or squirrel mail.

Hope that helps

Andy

corinnelane
06-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks Andy! I'm still a bit stuck to tell the truth, but will browse your website and the tutorials and let you know how I get on.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Corinne

Andy128
06-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Are you able to get into the cpanel? If so- go to the web mail and find your account/email address and access it that way.

Andy

corinnelane
06-03-2006, 10:39 AM
No - I have no idea how to get into the cpanel!

Andy128
06-03-2006, 09:20 PM
There is a whole wealth of stuff you need in cpanel.

Type in your domain name followed by /cpanel

Example; http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel

A window will pop up asking for user name and password. Use that which was sent you in the welcome e-mail.

But before you go pressing a lot of buttons and so on..... I really suggest that you grab a cup of coffee and go through the video tutorials to get a firm knowledge base of BV web builder and hosting. Once you have that- all else will fall into place and we can help you fill in the blank spots.

Andy

corinnelane
06-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Hi Andy,

Thanks for coming back to me again. Yes, I've done that - but all I get is the 'holding' page. No pop-ups. No buttons. Neither does it work to type in /webmail.

If I could actually get into cpanel, I'm sure I could work things out from there, but as it stands....!

corinnelane
06-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Another thought...do I need to publish my site before I can access cpanel? I thought I'd get it finished before I did that!

Andy128
06-04-2006, 08:47 AM
All of the information you need was provided in your welcome e-mail. Did you receive that e-mail?

Also- post the url of the "holding page" so we can take a look.

Andy

corinnelane
06-04-2006, 08:55 AM
I did, yeah. But it was a while ago now and I can't find it in my inbox (sorry). I started building this thing about 6 months ago and then it got put on hold for various reasons.

It's www.readingwelfarepoint.org.uk (http://www.readingwelfarepoint.org.uk)

Thank you for all your help with this! I feel a bit of an idiot, but I'm not much of a tecchie!

Andy128
06-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Put in a support ticket and explain that you lost your welcome mail. That will get you rolling again.

Andy

corinnelane
06-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks, Andy. You've been a star!