Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Newbie here. How do I publish my web site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Newbie here. How do I publish my web site?

I am still trying out different options to finally settle on my hosting choice but I love Bluevoda. It is by far the most friendly and intuitive software I have tried so far. You guys are doing a great job there. I have not signed up with VodaHost but have chose a cheaper hosting site (1and1) to see how it goes. Pricing is an important issue for me until business picks up. Can I publish a web site I have built up, using BlueVoda to my web site hosted by 1and1? I tried using the "publish" but with the publish window, the dropdown menu does not allow me to input anything. Can someone help me here? Thanks.

Genesisarts

Re: Help! Newbie here. How do I publish my web site?

Originally posted by Genesisarts
    I am still trying out different options to finally settle on my hosting choice but I love Bluevoda. It is by far the most friendly and intuitive software I have tried so far. You guys are doing a great job there. I have not signed up with VodaHost but have chose a cheaper hosting site (1and1) to see how it goes. Pricing is an important issue for me until business picks up. Can I publish a web site I have built up, using BlueVoda to my web site hosted by 1and1? I tried using the "publish" but with the publish window, the dropdown menu does not allow me to input anything. Can someone help me here? Thanks.

Genesisarts
    No, you cannot publish a BlueVoda site anywhere else. This is made very clear on the page where you downloaded BlueVoda.

I hope you never have a problem with your host. It took them three days to answer a query I had with a domain name that would have been answered here within an hour! I looked at lots of choices and VH came out top for value, service and support. £3.50 a month is well worth it imho.

Good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Genesisarts,

Greetings and welcome to the forum. The answer to publishing that which you create in BV to another site is -no. BV web builder has a special process that creates the web pages in a coding specific to BV and then when it publishes it- that code remains and allows it to function on their servers. Some of your pages may make the convert back to html but there would be certain dynamic portions of the site that would not work.

I hope you choose BV as I have searched and searched and have not found anyone that is as attentive to their customers as BV. Additionally-
      the BV web builder is second to none. And third- at only 7.95/month (if you pay one year at a time)- it is extremely competitive. You wont find that price matched with the bandwidth allotment and storage capacity of BV.

Hope that was of some help. Heres hoping you join the family.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I'm just too long winded- Amanda beat me again!

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Girlonthehill - Thanks. I just realized that from surfing on the internet and reading comments from various other boards. Too bad, I really love the software.

Andy128 - Thanks. I have no doubt that this is a great place to host my web site if nothing but for the friendly and very quick help from the community. Unfortunately I am only starting my web site and am really only doing one or two pages of it to begin with. I don't need a lot of bandwidth and don't want to commit to one year of service if I am not sure if I can sustain the cost. Perhaps when my business grow sufficiently to warrant a better host.

But thanks for all the help. You guys rock!!

Comment

Originally posted by Genesisarts
            Girlonthehill - Thanks. I just realized that from surfing on the internet and reading comments from various other boards. Too bad, I really love the software.

Andy128 - Thanks. I have no doubt that this is a great place to host my web site if nothing but for the friendly and very quick help from the community. Unfortunately I am only starting my web site and am really only doing one or two pages of it to begin with. I don't need a lot of bandwidth and don't want to commit to one year of service if I am not sure if I can sustain the cost. Perhaps when my business grow sufficiently to warrant a better host.

But thanks for all the help. You guys rock!!
            You can use VodaHost on a month to month basis - no commitment.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
            X