Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Forms

http://www.platinumrealtysellsjax.com/contactinfo.html

I have watched the tutorials several times and have searched and read the FAQ's but I can not seem to get the info I'm requesting on this form. I double checked everything (I think) and nothing works. I get a blank email with a blank attachment! The info doesn't get to me. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Ronda

Read this:
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/showthread.php?t=246
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Form help

My form is just for a lot of info (name, phone number etc). Should I still save it as a feedback form like mentioned in the thread? Thanks

Comment

Forms still not working

Thanks, Pablo, for your help. I tried your suggestions and it still didn't work. I don't get it. If you watch the tutorial, it doesn't help at all. Even if you follow the instructions to the letter, it doesn't work. This is very frustrating because this contact info is the MOST important part of my site!!

HELP!!! anyone?

Comment

It seems to be working fine for most other users. Please double check your configuration and follow the instruction carefully. If you only leave one thing out it will not work.
          Forum Moderator
          BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Form help

Just to be sure...

I created the new folder (FEEDBACK.PHP) using my FTP manager. I uploaded the file to my public_html file.

I wonder if I'm missing a step?
            I will double check everything. I wonder if I'm getting the spaces exactly right. I printed the thread, and then printed my notepad entry and they match perfect.
            I'll keep trying.......

Comment

Form help

Do you see any obvious errors? I esp wonder if my spacing is correct? Thanks!

<HTML>
              <HEAD>
              <TITLE>Thank you for your feedback</TITLE>
              </HEAD>
              <BODY>
              <H2>Thank you for your feedback!</H2>
              <?PHP
              $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
              $mailto = "feedback@platinumrealtysellsjax.com";
              $mailsubj = "Feedback form";
              $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
              reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
              $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
              while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
              {
              $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
              }
              mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
              ?>
              <BODY>
              </HEAD>

[QUOTE=rdensford]Just to be sure...

I created the new folder (FEEDBACK.PHP) using my FTP manager. I uploaded the file to my public_html file.

I wonder if I'm missing a step?
              I will double check everything. I wonder if I'm getting the spaces exactly right. I printed the thread, and then printed my notepad entry and they match perfect.
              I'll keep trying

Comment

It looks fine to me, except that all your &lt; should be changed to <
                Forum Moderator
                BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo
                  It looks fine to me, except that all your &lt; should be changed to <
                  You mean delete the &lt; and just add <

Comment

I think I (finally) fixed it Pablo. Now, one last question. Can I change it from feedback to something else (like property inquiry or whatever) by going through and changing everything that says feedback to inquiry? would that work? for example.
                    after a client submits a search/inquiry, instead of "thank you for your feedback", i'd like for it to say something like, thanks for your inquiry, we'll be in touch. or whatever. is that doable?
                    thanks for your help.
                    ronda

Comment

Yes, you can change the HTML part of the page to anything you want.
                      Here's the instruction (again) how to make feedback.php with BlueVoda:

1. Create a new page with BlueVoda and save is as 'feedback.bvp'.
                      2. Select View->Page HTML from the menu
                      3. Select the Inside Body tag and enter this code:
                      <?PHP
                      $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
                      $mailto = "feedback@yourdomain.com";
                      $mailsubj = "Feedback form";
                      $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                      reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                      $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
                      while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
                      {
                      $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
                      }
                      mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
                      ?>
                      4. Do the usual page formatting.
                      5. Select View->Page Properties from the menu
                      6. Set the file extension to php
                      5. Publish the page to your VodaHost account.

Notes:
                      - Instead of feedback you can give it any name you like.
                      - The blue text in the code above can be changed to anything you like, but be sure you keep the double quotes.
                      - Make sure the Action property of your form is set to feedback.php
                      Forum Moderator
                      BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Re: Help with Forms

Hi Pablo, my questions is this...

I have a form in my Holiday Joy page and Christmas wish. I just want people to be able to submit their name, email and a short bit in the text area.

Now, I have put all this in and published under both html and php and still get either no response or my outlook pops OR explorer says "can't find page."

All I want is a simple submit form (in the Holiday Joy and Christmas wish current pages). I've been at this for too long now and have gotten overly frustrated.

Tell me what I can do?

The Butterfly Lady
                        www.thebutterflypoem.org

Comment

Just read this: BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1 , it explains everything.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I think I got that, but I don't get any email! I've tested it a hundred times and still email is recieved in my inbox.

I am submitting a support ticket.

Thanks Naval!

Comment

I'm Afraid this is not an issue for which VH can help you. VH support is intended more for functionality problems, not for applications created or installed by the clients. If you wish, send me your login details (IP, username, password) and i'll have a look .
                              Navaldesign
                              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X