Racefan20 or naval need you help urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racefan20 or naval need you help urgent

Help . tried to upgrade my forum from 2.0.19 to 2.0.20 downloaded files then moved them to the forum in ftp manager. then tried to get on to my forum to check out the upgrades, and i can't get on to it all i'm getting is, http://aliensanonymous.org/forum/install/install.php even if i put aliensanonymous.org/fourm it still looks for the install.php . to say i am worried is a understatement put a lot of hours in to it i hope it's not all gone. hope you can help. pretty please.

Re: Racefan20 or naval need you help urgent

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
    Help . tried to upgrade my forum from 2.0.19 to 2.0.20 downloaded files then moved them to the forum in ftp manager. then tried to get on to my forum to check out the upgrades, and i can't get on to it all i'm getting is, http://aliensanonymous.org/forum/install/install.php even if i put aliensanonymous.org/fourm it still looks for the install.php . to say i am worried is a understatement put a lot of hours in to it i hope it's not all gone. hope you can help. pretty please.
    Follow these instructions carefully:

First you should make a copy of your existing config.php, keep it in a safe place! Next delete all the existing phpBB 2 files, do not leave any in place otherwise you may encounter errors later. You can leave alternative templates in-place but you should note they may not function correctly with the final release. It is therefore recommended you switch back to subSilver if you are currently using a different style. With this complete you can upload the new phpBB 2.0.0 files (see New Installations for details if necessary). Once complete copy back your saved config.php, replacing the new one.
    You should now run install/update_to_latest.php which, depending on your previous version, will make a number of database changes. You may receive FAILURES during this procedure, they should not be a cause for concern unless you see an actual ERROR, in which case the script will stop (in this case you should seek help via our forums or bug tracker).
    RC-2 and below MSSQL users, please note that during the update procedure your existing forums table will be dropped and re-created. All data in standard fields will be retained. However if you have modified the forums table and added additional fields or altered existing ones these changes WILL be lost. If this is a significant issue for you we advise you comment out the "DROP FORUM TABLE" section in update_to_latest.php and instead, manually alter the forum_id column to remove the IDENTITY setting (if it exists).
    Once the update_to_latest.php has completed you MUST proceed to the Administration General Configuration panel and check all the values in General Configuration. This is essential if you were running any version before RC-3 since extra information needs to be entered to enable correct URLs to be output in emails.

You might have a big problem on your hands, though. Did you take into account that any MODS you'd added to the forum would be removed when you upgraded? If not, do you still have copies of the old files?
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

The problem is race there was no install file to delete. i have now put it there and have gone to update_to_latest but for live of me can not remember my password. i have copys of all the mod i have changed so thats not a problem. if i could just remember my password for the database i created for it just hope all the post are still there. not really worried the changes i made, they can be done again.
      thanks for getting back.

Comment

Email me your Cpanel info: racefan20n11******.com
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

The problem is race there was no install file to delete. i have now put it there and have gone to update_to_latest but for live of me can not remember my password. i have copys of all the mod i have changed so thats not a problem. if i could just remember my password for the database i created for it just hope all the post are still there. not really worried the changes i made, they can be done again.
          thanks for getting back.
          Your posts will still be there, don't worry.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanks for getting back.
            Your database username and pw are the same as the ones you use to access your cpanel.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Got your mail, email me your phone number.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
              X