Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemaps Info Request........

hi everyone.....

1.Question: i just inserted a sitemap on my index page was wondering if i had to do that to all my pages or is just 1 ok?

2.Question: i went to google sitemaps page and got "verified" so i could only imagine i have inserted the code correctly between my head tags as they asked. is there any way to check from here? just to make sure..

3.Question: if i change my content in my web pages do i have to upload a new updated file everytime or is it just a one time thing that updates itself?

I think i got it right because its showing some type of code that looks like its ment for a robot or spider. could someone take a look at it and make sure everthing is ok.

thank you
    malcolm1

http://www.biz-giant.com

Malcolm Pender

Re: Sitemaps Info Request........

1. Only in your Index page
    2. Don't know
    3. Only if you add new pages, but most probably crawlers will find the new page anyway

Checked. Your sitemap is ok.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hello.....

hi navel

I just went to google site maps and checked out the status on my site to see if there were any problems and there was a problem......

Text of http://www.biz-giant.com/robots.txt
      We didn't find a robots.txt file on your site. If you would like to restrict access to certain pages on your site, you can test a robots.txt syntax by entering it in the text box below. See robotstxt.org for more information on robots.txt syntax.

it would seem that im getting a 404 error in other words the file doesnt exist.

what can i do to make a file.......

do i use the same tools that i did when i made my ror.xml and use the same procedure?

it does show i do have a valid ror.xml file

would appreciate any feed back you could give me so i can finally be listed in google.

thanks
      malcolm

ps.. i do have a page called sitemap that i created a few days before which is listed with the other pages and i did submit in an effort to get google to index my page could this be the problem. if so how do i delete it.

Malcolm Pender

Comment

Google not finding a robots.txt file on your site is not a problem. Not all sites have this file uploaded. I donì't in none of my sites. It is only used if, as you have already seen, you want the SE not to index part of your pages. If this is not the case, don't worry.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello...

thanks navel...... i was getting worried id have to wait anothor couple weeks for goole to finally rank me.

since i do got that extra page called sitemap i created with not much on it can i delete it even if i already submitted it to the search engines.

thanks
          malcolm

Malcolm Pender

Comment

Working...
          X